Corny Keg Lids

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
Morning y'all.

I have the below 2 lids, are they worth doing anything with, as you can probably see the pressure releifs aren't much chop, they dont look like the normal lids with the normal replacement corny pressure valves.

Show I buy 2 more lids, or does someone have a source for these type of corny pressure valves?

Lid.png
Lid1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**See Next Post For Other Lid

Shaunous.

Those pressure release valves are actually really easy to use.
I'll have a look at mine when I get home -memory tells me it is an ex-pepsi keg.
If they're no good to you, I'll buy from you as spares.

As u can see from the first lid Man-tickles its plastic is breaking away, including the nut which holds it in place.

The second lid I have no idea how to purge, doesn't seem to have any externals, or is something broken that should come up through the 3 holes? I haven't tried to disassemble either of them as they are fairly brittle looking.

Im happy to use them if they are salvageable, if not u can have em mate.

I'll check in 30 mins. Original viewing was on phone walking to work so I may have missed some details.

Just checked and the valve that no 1 is on is indeed a pepsi keg.

I'll happily take that one if the lid holds pressure.

I'll take the second one as well if you can assure me that it fits your other ball locks and holds pressure. Anything up to the price of a new lid plus postage to Melbourne. Let me know.

I'd hold onto both of those. See the brackets that hold the arm onto the keg. They are the well built type that have been tig welded to the lid. The other newer style is a strap of stainless, spot welded. Also its not to much trouble getting parts for the relief valves. If you want to change the second lid (I have never seen that relief valve) you could possibly just drill and tap a new threat to fit a standard size?
In any case, look out for those good German style brackets on the kegs before you go swapping them with people.

Already ordered 2 new lids anyway.

Where would u source these not so hard to find releif valves for the first lid?

Will get back to ya Mantickles...

Back