coopers saison recepie - anything you'd change ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a good 9 months or so in the bottle personally but that's just when I think they're best. Drink it when you're happy with it

mje1980 said:
I like a good 9 months or so in the bottle personally but that's just when I think they're best. Drink it when you're happy with it
9 months. damn . my batches don't last 9 weeks

Goodluck I'm sure it will be great :)
I made a 10L batch with:
1/2 can Coopers pale ale
600g dry wheat malt
150g crystal wheat steeped
Belle Saison yeast
A bit of Chinook and Amarillo dry hopped.
Turned out amazing, couldn't really taste or smell the hops.
Finished at 1006 can't remember the og but ABV wasn't much more than 5%
Can't wait to make a full batch or two soon

so end game is I'm dirinking this now after 4 to 5 weeks in the bottle and it came out really good . still could be a little more carbed with the cooler weather still slowing it down but its got enough carb to drink and enjoy

so happy with it just ordered bits to make it again . but i am going to lose the 500g LDM to bring down the alcohol a little to get it closer to 6% than 7% , and I got some wheat grain to steep just to see what it adds as an experiment

Good thread, I reckon I'll have a crack at a Saison soon too.

As there seems to be some great saison advice on this thread I'm gonna jump in with a question.
I had some saison last night at Foghorn in Newcastle. I really enjoyed it and as its hot now I thought I'd make some.
I've been having good results from coopers pale tin and 300gms dextrose to 15 litres. How would I go with this formula with the saison yeast? Maybe leave out the dextrose? I don't want it really strong.
Thanks.

Haha, man! I've been thinking, "use my dodgy povo ale recipe as a bible? Really? I know it works ok but there's other stuff out there to try. And aren't there enough bibles in the world already?" Way to confuse a bloke!!! Ha, I'm still laughing!

Back