Coopers Change Bottle Shape?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balconybrewer

Reaction score
i was sucking a green coopers over the weekend and noticed it looked a bit funny, anyways sure enough 5 of my mates are drinking it as well so i wash and take home all the bottles as i soley use coopers stubs and longs for bottling.

didnt think much of it but once staced in my cupboard they are all different heights and shapes..... what is going on. for those thinking have another brew here is some evidence.

shits me cause seeings i had such a ready supply i have been just leaving my bottles at bbq's sometimes knowing they were easy to replenish.

100_1554.JPG

yeah i remeber when they changed shape back in the late 90's there was this conspiracy theory i heard that coopers had changed the shape of the bottles to make them structially weaker so home brewers couldnt cap them and would have to pay for bottles or some SH#$T to that effect. good work to the all night think fest that came up with that theory so i guess coopers would use magic fairies to put the caps on in the factory then would they?

didnt realise they had changed shape recently, one of the many reasons to go the keg :D

also did you know the long necks have shiny gloss labels now, exciting!

cheers
carty

I have a couple of tallies of coopers that are screw tops. For some reason they went from crown to screw back to crown. Glad they went back to crown seal. And yes I did get excited went the labels went to shinny. SHMBO could not understand why it was so exciting that the label had changed but the bottle was still the same.

Cheers Brad

Back