Coopers Canadian Blonde suggested improvements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A better question to ask is - why do it, as opposed to why not.
There's a couple of big reasons why not; oxidisation and increased infection risk.

No point leaving it in the bottling vessel unless you want it to drop clear(er). Also why use the carboy at all? A 30L water drum from Bunnings makes for a great fermenter, and for less than $30.

Already brought them and they fit in my fridge perfectly. And yeah like a clear beer.

Great thread for other Kit-n-Bitters, thanks for the advice.

If it's one thing I've learned it's that cold crashing is relevant for kit brews. I thought it was more for all grainers.

*Off to search Gumtree for a fridge and find a mate with a trailer.....

Great thread for other Kit-n-Bitters, thanks for the advice.

If it's one thing I've learned it's that cold crashing is relevant for kit brews. I thought it was more for all grainers.

*Off to search Gumtree for a fridge and find a mate with a trailer.....
Cold crashing is relevant wherever you have flocculants, ie yeast. Granted all grainers also have proteins and other crud to remove, we all have suspended yeast in our beer that isn't quickly removed at warmer temps.

As for the fridge.. I may have something for you there.

Yeah, and this one actually works!

.. nah I'll get my commercial fridge set up properly before getting rid of my old fridges. @SeeFar I will let you know in a few weeks if I still have it.

Back