Coopers 62 Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible the 62 pilsner is just the lager rebadged?

I am assuming that this is part of their push into US markets, making a safer lager with trendy branding...

I was very excited when I saw a mysterious looking Coopers with a black label in the fridge at the bottlo. I thought it was going to be Cooper Strong Ale.

When I saw it was a Pilsner in a slim green bottle (355ml wft?) I had my doubts but thought i'd give it a ago.

I'm a big Coopers fan but I found this beer very disappointing. It doesn't even taste like a Pilsner! It has hardly any flavour, as if someone has got a VB and mixed it with a few ice cubes. I think it's a shame Coopers are trying to jump on the tasteless, low carb bandwagon that is all the rage at the moment. I can see this product line getting scrapped in the near future.

I'd prefer a Red Angus Pilsener any day (http://angusbeers.com.au/the-beer.html)

From the site:
Quote:
Coopers 62 is based on a classic Bohemian-style Pilsner, with a straw-to-golden colour and dense, rich foam. Hopped, using a combination of traditional Saaz and Hersbrucker varieties, it has a medium-bodied palate and is generously fermented to produce a well-attenuated lager. The hop flavours are perfectly balanced by an all-malt recipe of Australian-grown malted barley to finish with a residual sweetness, typical of this style of beer. The end result is a crisp, full-flavoured taste with a smooth, satisfying finish, brewed just for you.

The LINK....
http://www.coopers62.com.au/

it will be released in adelaide on september the 1st.

Lobo

it will be released in adelaide on september the 1st.

Lobo

Obviously they are looking after the provinces first. I was in the Liquorland at the Bribie pub just now getting some Melbourne Bitter and saw a pallet of 62 coming in with the load. My eyes were on stalks.

It's a full-range Liquorland as opposed to some of the little hole in the wall ones in local shopping centres, nevertheless it's interesting that Coopers are hitting LL (and presumably BWS) as opposed to just Dans and 1st Choice. Obviously they are doing a massive roll out, hey.

I'll get a six tomorrow when they've got some in the cabinet.

I am guessing that the MB is for taste testing against your brews Michael. Or have you drained all those kegs already??

Brad

I saw this in Liquorland last night and was a little curious about it. I too thought it was going to be a strong ale. After what I've read though, I don't think I'll bother trying this one.

Obviously they are looking after the provinces first. I was in the Liquorland at the Bribie pub just now getting some Melbourne Bitter and saw a pallet of 62 coming in with the load. My eyes were on stalks.

It's a full-range Liquorland as opposed to some of the little hole in the wall ones in local shopping centres, nevertheless it's interesting that Coopers are hitting LL (and presumably BWS) as opposed to just Dans and 1st Choice. Obviously they are doing a massive roll out, hey.

I'll get a six tomorrow when they've got some in the cabinet.

I got some from Vintage Cellars up the road from me.

It's alright. It isn't offensive but it isn't great. I wouldn't label it a bad beer but is that really good enough?

I could down a bunch on a summer's day, but it wasn't good enough to take me away from purchasing other pilsners come summer...

I got some from Vintage Cellars up the road from me.

It's alright. It isn't offensive but it isn't great. I wouldn't label it a bad beer but is that really good enough?

I could down a bunch on a summer's day, but it wasn't good enough to take me away from purchasing other pilsners come summer...

Thought the same, had a couple after being in the sun all day on monday (stinking hot day that it was). Had its place in that situation I guess.

Thought the same, had a couple after being in the sun all day on monday (stinking hot day that it was). Had its place in that situation I guess.

You pay about $62 for the Oz made ordinary beer & $40 for the top class Euro import.

$40 for a "top class" Euro import???? please tell me what this is???

$40 for a "top class" Euro import???? please tell me what this is???

I've seen Urquell for $40 plenty of times at Dans or the usual suspects

Otherwise there is Furstenberg, Konig and Bitburger which aren't bad beers at all, might not be Chimay but for pilsners they are a lot better than Crown :D

Hell even Oettinger at $30 a case is better than most Aussie lagers that cost more than that per case

Thanks DJR i did not know i could get Urquell for $40! Ill be looking out for that!!!

Don't bother, I bought one last night to taste....quite possibly the worst beer i've ever had!
are you referring to coopers?

I drink anythin' :lol:

Just finished left overs of a yellowglen PInk Bubbly hehehe

Seriously.
A pilsner is meant to be an easy drinking lawn mower beer.
Australians like 'em cold so you can't taste 'em.

I'll be game to try one when I can find one of the coopers.

Latest posts

Back