Cooling Fermenter's With Glycol Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_c

Reaction score
howdi

I cant help but be inspired by this 2000 litre fermenter on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STAINLESS-STEEL-TAN...A1%7C240%3A1318

particularly the coils which could be used for circulating glycol

I would presume one would have a drum of say 20 litres of glycol in a chest freezer and throw in a pond pump connected to a fridge mate.

so the pump stops when the temp gets to low, and starts again when the temp rises.

The great thing about this is

1. no lifting heavy fermenters into fridges.

2. use the same freezer for lagering and fermenting. just need another pump

anyone utilze such a ingenious system

any thoughts?

I have thought about the same thing myself, seems like a fairly straight forward concept.

Will work fine - basically what happens on a commercial level as you saw from the fermenter for sale.
I'm planning on doing exactly that, once I get my conicals set up & I'm back into brewing.

Cheers Ross

Ross, would love to see how you are going to do it, I was thinking of having a removable coil that I could have the inlet/outlet go through the lid of the fermenter (I have a flat lid on my conical) via two holes and bungs. Then have quick disconnects for the gycol resevoir and pump.

That way when I steam sterilize my fermenter, the cooling coil would already be inside and not be full of glycol. Once sterilized and full of wort I could hook up the glycol.

Another option would be to make a type of bladder that can be wrapped around the fermenter with glyco circulated through it.

More brew p0rn..... :icon_drool2:

Tis a good thing!

Only $207 at last look - bargain!

mmmmmm, open fermentation, and at 2000L even I could bathe in that......

I'd seriously want a cover for it, even if it was just a piece of cheese cloth fitted to keep the bugs out..

I must admit, the first thing I did was work out how many kegs I could do at once with it, 105 to be almost exact. Man that would be a brew day, filling 105 kegs. Not to mention how many coopers cans it would take (yes i can be a lazy bugger)

Cheers Mick

6060 x 330ml stubbies..........

That's going to be a long day.....

How many you think you can pound out an hour, minus "losses" of course.

Latest posts

Back