Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your paying $10 a vote sure they can arrange the result does not take that long to count votes seems that a lot of elderly in nursing homes did not get to vote.

You will be strapped to a chair with a table in front of you. On that table will be a cage and in that cage will be a warm, flat and stale beer.

Same as going into a pub only only being able to buy VB cause its popular

It is private unless you go screaming from the rooftops what you chose to vote. Or post it all over Facebook etc. Just because it might be known by the ABS doesn't mean they're gonna go and release the names, dates of birth, addresses, first dog's name, how many strands of hair are on their heads, what they had for breakfast that day and votes of everybody who participated in it.
If your paying $10 a vote sure they can arrange the result does not take that long to count votes seems that a lot of elderly in nursing homes did not get to vote.
It was a postal survey, they have to give it a period of time for everyone to send back their forms etc., not like going down to the polling booth on a Saturday morning where everybody votes on the same day.

If an individual chooses to engage in Facebook, rewards cards, Google searches, tote a smart phone which is akin to wearing a tracking bracelet, etc, that's a voluntary participation, and the individual should know, and be comfortable with, the implications.

However, expressing a personal and private view in a ballot, election, or whatever, should be just that - private!

It's an old fashioned system of beliefs I grew up with.

The postal survey was voluntary and you could see the barcode. If you didn't like it you didn't have to do it, just like smart phones and whatnot.

I think I heard on the ABC that there are 47000 same sex couples in Aust, so that’s $2595 a couple. The good lady and I could have done with that.

Should never have been spent in the first place, utter waste of money. Politicians passing responsibility of their job onto us. There was enough polling for years showing sustained support at around 65% across the nation - just as we saw today - for them to know this would be the outcome. There was no need to spend money on this stupid postal vote, the govt just didn't have the bottle to do the job and then get onto other things like the economy, energy, environment, foreign policy..., you know, those little peripheral things govts do.

There you go, that's a rant.

Dunno wot youse is all bovered about - it's guvment money hey!

Then on the radio this afternoon I heard where the ATO "crackdown" on big companies' tax evasion has so far netted one and a half million $, (in how long?) which can be spent on worthwhile projects, presumably "schools and hospitals" - the usual beneficiaries quoted by politicians. Just imagine what $122M could have done...

Dunno wot youse is all bovered about - it's guvment money hey!

Then on the radio this afternoon I heard where the ATO "crackdown" on big companies' tax evasion has so far netted one and a half million $, (in how long?) which can be spent on worthwhile projects, presumably "schools and hospitals" - the usual beneficiaries quoted by politicians. Just imagine what $122M could have done...
I think you should get your ears recalibrated as you are having difficulty distinguishing BILLIONS from millions.
Read this https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/General/Closing-multinational-tax-loopholes/

Now I don't expect mathematical accuracy from a former rugby league player, I.e. Danny Buderus,
But, it annoys the shit out of me that that a company expecting me to spend my hard earned by allowing them to supply me with "their"electricity , don't understand that thry look plain dumb by suggesting they put "110%" into anything.
I hope the people of that company hang their heads in shame every time that ad plays, that they were convinced by some dumb ass named Siimonq from an ad agency that it was a good idea.

F*** me

Righto another rant, being a Grandpa entitles me so. The better half and I have been looking at solar panels and thinking mmmm 5kw maybe more due to the ever increasing costs/ charges etc. In SA we basically get fucked over,so imagine my shock when told that as of Friday Dec 1st SA Power Networks will no longer connect ANY residential properties ( as now legislated) over 5kw capacity, it’s been halved from what was allowed.
So, is big business in conjunction with Government legislating that NO person nor family can or will bust a gut to save for, or borrow money to, in the long run save money or lessen their dependence on mains power let alone do their bit for the environment?
This one seems to have flown under the radar, not I keep up with too much as it’s all doom and gloom in the media these days.
Makes a bloke wonder just what the utilities sale contracts fine print contains in this state of SA.
Rant over, G,pa is going to crack a beer now!

No, you miss the point - the betrayal of annonymity. And you say it was a ballot? Look it up:

ballot
ˈbalət/
noun
noun: ballot; plural noun: ballots
a system of voting secretly and in writing on a particular issue.
Yep just chill out evoo4u, identifying individual ballots worked out fine in pre-war Germany.

Righto another rant, being a Grandpa entitles me so. The better half and I have been looking at solar panels and thinking mmmm 5kw maybe more due to the ever increasing costs/ charges etc. In SA we basically get fucked over,so imagine my shock when told that as of Friday Dec 1st SA Power Networks will no longer connect ANY residential properties ( as now legislated) over 5kw capacity, it’s been halved from what was allowed.
So, is big business in conjunction with Government legislating that NO person nor family can or will bust a gut to save for, or borrow money to, in the long run save money or lessen their dependence on mains power let alone do their bit for the environment?
This one seems to have flown under the radar, not I keep up with too much as it’s all doom and gloom in the media these days.
Makes a bloke wonder just what the utilities sale contracts fine print contains in this state of SA.
Rant over, G,pa is going to crack a beer now!

If you are BIG POWER...would you like lots of smaller generators cutting into your market and you had access to the Government to stop them...think about that for 0.0005 secs

It must be remembered that the money lost by these power supplier greedy shits is made up by those that can’t have a personal solar system. Eg don’t have the money, rent the property, in govt housing, high rise etc.
Like a lot of things in life people who can afford it should be able to have it but piss weak bought/sold out governments don’t stop these rip off merchants from increasing their prices. Is competion supposed to reduce prices, isn’t personal solar units competion?

Back