Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metric system for babies is happening now.

My son was 4.00kg...

When old waspy Sheilas ask me what that is in pounds, I say, "Not sure, 2.2lb/kg right?"

And I estimate the answer.

Antiquated is ......antiquated.

And on the topic of making babies... I know mm. They all count!

And quite a few people know my mm... But not everyone

Was trying to have an early night...

A few days ago I ordered one of those fancy magnetic charger adapter thingies so you don't have to fiddle the micro usb plug into the little whole the right way up in the dark on the bedside table, but rather just swing the cable near the phone and both magically connect, just like a macbook charger plug.

Arrived today. Some apparent flaws.
1. Magnet too weak, doesn't connect. Still need to fiddle.

2. Sometimes doesn't charge, even after fiddling and apparent good connection.

3. The connector gets scaldingly hot, I literally almost burnt my fingers on it.

4. The prying tool to get the adapter back out of the phone is missing.

Anyway, sent refund request to seller, all good.
Anout to go to bed, realised the adapter thingy is still sticking in my phone, meaning I can't connect my normal charger. Due to 4. I start carefully prying the adapter out of the phone. Within seconds it breaks in half, leaving the actual plug deep inside the phone. ****! No way to charge the phone! 11% battery left! Busy day tomorrow.

Anyway, long story short, put the phone into a vice and started working on that plug stuck inside. Took me about 45 minutes of fine surgery to slowly dismantle the plug from the inside out, pulling individual cords and plasfic bits out before I eventually could collapse the frame of the plug and pull it out. Broke the tip off a Shun knife in the process.

Anyway, don't ever ******* even think about ordering this product:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322210185794?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=511114737637&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not the Shun!

Unfortunately that was the knife with the slimmest blade, otherwise I would have used one of the cheapos.
It's only a small fraction that broke off though, just under a mm long, so not too bad I guess.

Mardoo said:
I very nearly punched a housemate once for using my Wusthof utility to undo screws.
You should have found a screwdriver. And then stabbed the person with it.

Mardoo said:
I very nearly punched a housemate once for using my Wusthof utility to undo screws.
I cried when my ex put put my got Victorinox knives the the ******* dishwasher

I still have them, be 20yrs old now and still awsome. Got some more about 5 yrs ago, but the handles are shit and they are not as good

Having to fill in a census form via a website which is clearly incapable..

Currently completely offline, so now because of the ABS thinking they could do a completely online census I'll have to continually come back and try again until it finally works

hooray for quality work

SBOB said:

Currently completely offline, so now because of the ABS thinking they could do a completely online census I'll have to continually come back and try again until it finally works

hooray for quality work
Worked earlier tonight, but I was pleasantly surprised by that. They did say on the radio today that you don't have to do it tonight, you can come back later in the week.

The stupid part I found was that it figured out that some questions didn't apply, but not others. After filling in mine and the wife's details about where we were born and our ancestry, it still asked where our son's parents were born and his ancestry (after having already asked if he was our natural offspring). Minor point, but mildly irritating.

Having to use Internet Explorer at work, they just won't upgrade.

Was making final payment on my holiday when IE crashed. I checked my bank account, payment had come out, check back on vendor's website, still shows amount outstanding. Back and forth with customer service to sort out. To their credit they did sort it, but if IE did its job, would never have come to that.

Edit: It's not even the most recent version of IE.

SBOB said:

hooray for quality work
got halfway through and it crashes and a popup says any unsaved data has been lost

fuc kin hopeless, can't get back on, absolutely brilliant must be two dicks website

Census pfft,Internet has been up shit creek all day here and is still acting up now..,,"/$ ...I said now."@$(.
Ahh **** it I'll do it tomorrow .

And we're miles from civilisation ( Adelaide were all the votes are) so we don't count and we don't have the wonderous NBN.
So it's all their fault....ha.

I had nbn when I lived in Melbourne's inner North East and it was the shittest internet I've had for a while. About to get it here and very trepidatious.

The had someone on the TV earlier in the week saying that they had 'load tested the site to 150%' and there were no issues. I still can't connect and it says try again in 15 minutes.

I wonder if the 'code 9' error I get is copyrighted by the abs.

Just checked online news and it's all over that as well. I think someone will be in deep after this.

Nah, the system will be blamed and all will be good. Can't have the Gubnment taking the blame now can we ? that simply won't do.
But if they took a leaf out the ATO's system it'd work,**** that that's too simple.

That's why I requested a paper copy to fill out. I figured if I have to be inconvenienced then they can waste their own time processing it themselves.

So we all listed we live in Acland right? Or was that just me?

Latest posts

Back