Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been crawling over a roof frame today fixing purlins in place , fark are my ankles and lower back giving me what for now.
And the better half is refusing to give me a rub down.....so far.

spog said:
Been crawling over a roof frame today fixing purlins in place , fark are my ankles and lower back giving me what for now.
And the better half is refusing to give me a rub down.....so far.
Persist, Spog. As I tell the boys at work: "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil."

spog said:
Nah, the system will be blamed and all will be good. Can't have the Gubnment taking the blame now can we ? that simply won't do.
But if they took a leaf out the ATO's system it'd work,**** that that's too simple.
According to the PM tonight 'someone's head will roll after this ABS nightmare'. And they announced the boss of the ABS is on a mere $750,000 a year salary. What the **** kinda salary is that. How does someone come up with that figure.

Get a trade dad said.

shaunous said:
That's the term he used in the press conference.
I know. I was just referring to how silly it is when Turnbull attempts to talk tough. He might get his man-servant to slap someone backhanded with a silk glove. That's about the limit of Malcom's intestinal fortitude.

I just can't believe someone running a statistics mob is on 3/4 of $1,000,000.

The ABS did not use the nine most terrifying words in the English language: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" but they did say
"you can trust the government'
" Houston, we've had a problem here" that was used by the crew of the Apollo 13 moon flight may have been better choice.
They delivered these census forms to vacant houses if it had a letter box you got a number good little earner for AUS post.

******* LDL cholesterol.

I eat more or less a mediterranean style diet, train hard three nights a week, lucky if I drink two nights a week and was sure I'd waltz it in with my latest blood work.

Still ******* 4.4 ( range <3.4). Everything else, sweet.

Time to start cramming plant sterols and bran down my throat like a foie gras goose I guess.

Dave70 said:
******* LDL cholesterol.

I eat more or less a mediterranean style diet, train hard three nights a week, lucky if I drink two nights a week and was sure I'd waltz it in with my latest blood work.

Still ******* 4.4 ( range <3.4). Everything else, sweet.

Time to start cramming plant sterols and bran down my throat like a foie gras goose I guess.
Eggs. I eat 3 eggs with some veggies in a frittata every morning for breakfast, blood work always shows slightly high total cholesterol, but the good to bad ratio is really good. Doctors have quizzed me about it a couple of times and the eggs is what they put it down to.

Mardoo said:
Any help if I mention that the US government has removed dietary cholesterol from its list of health concerns?
Did they decide it was no longer a concern or just give up?

Mardoo said:
Any help if I mention that the US government has removed dietary cholesterol from its list of health concerns?
This is different from blood cholesterol though. They came to the (scientifically backed) conclusion that dietary cholesterol was not the hazard they'd previously thought it was and didn't directly translate to higher blood cholesterol. Much the same as many have now come to the correct conclusion that, in isolation, fat doesn't make you fat.

Indeed, but both you and Dave70 were talking about the relationship between diet and cholesterol, so I raised the point. Now I'll raise a pint!

Why does every tv show set anywhere West of say Penrith have to be accompanied by wailing twangy AMERICAN bottle neck guitar playing?

Birdsville Pub ... twang twang twang twoing ... Charleville ..... twong twoing twang ******* twang twang....

70% of people presenting at Emergency with first heart attack have normal or low cholesterol readings.
I also have 3 eggs for breakfast and my cooking oils are lard, coconut oil, ghee and extra virgin olive oil.

Google then read The Oiling of America for the historical background on Pfizer and Bayer's cholesterol scam / rort / government corruption.

Back