Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Bank Robberies. There is the official exchange rate then the Bank charges about 3c above that so if you transfer U.S. $30,000 to an Aust Account it costs approx $900.00 and then they have the balls to charge another $15.00 handling fee on top of that. No wonder Bank profits are in the billions each and every quarter.

Bridges said:
Stupid brivis heater has stopped working again, second time. Still it is only two years old so I suppose I should expect this... Why are all new products just so CRAP?
. Not all new products are so bad but yes Brivis = shit

I just installed an older brivis ems 20 gas heater and it's great at the old place we were renting we had a bonaire and it was crap and service department wouldent give me pricing for replacement part even though i gave them the fault code

heading of to work this morning...got halfway there....mmm....motor is making some rather strange noises.....

Nursed the old girl back home...ripped of the head....

2015-06-23 10.50.00.jpg

2015-06-23 10.50.10.jpg

I have no idea what I'm looking at there but I assume its bad,

I think 2 cylinders have become one, going by the last pic?? Looks like the cylinder wall has cracked/failed between the two cylinders. My half arsed guess

mje1980 said:
I think 2 cylinders have become one, going by the last pic?? Looks like the cylinder wall has cracked/failed between the two cylinders. My half arsed guess
Classic blown head gasket. -_-

3 cylinders is better then 4 they say.

isn't that like the 5th head gasket you have gone through Stu?

shaunous said:
3 cylinders is better then 4 they say.

isn't that like the 5th head gasket you have gone through Stu?
Actually...yes.... I can get the head off in under 30mins now..

The motor has never been hot or boiled dry, and I have owned it for 25 yrs, so the head shouldnt be warped...

The thing I hate is waiting till the next morning for Hessions to get it delivered O/N..which for $65 for a VRS kit isnt to bad

Dave

I have actually seen a Rover V8 slung into a Morry......so dont be giving me idea's ok.......just dont.....

My BIL always drives ancient old Holdens because "I can fix the bastards when they break down".

I drive new cars because (as I point out to him) they don't break down and need fixing.

Tropical_Brews said:
Great Bank Robberies. There is the official exchange rate then the Bank charges about 3c above that so if you transfer U.S. $30,000 to an Aust Account it costs approx $900.00 and then they have the balls to charge another $15.00 handling fee on top of that. No wonder Bank profits are in the billions each and every quarter.
Someone should introduce a super profits tax on them

All I need is a 1/2 & 9/16 socket and ring-open end spanner.

And a flat blade screw driver.

Dont even need one of them diagnostic computer things.

Basically its fuel and spark....or the engine is really fucked

Ducatiboy stu said:
Dave

I have actually seen a Rover V8 slung into a Morry......so dont be giving me idea's ok.......just dont.....
Nah, thad be silly. To front heavy.

Especially when turbo SRD - 20 Nissan or 2JZ- GTE Toyotas lumps are available complete with trannies and wiring loom for quiet reasonable money. Turnkey Jap reliability. Both make well over the 200 hp mark, bog stock.
Borrrrrrrr!!.....pshhhh..

..just sayin..

You know what you would rather hear as it cruised past the pub......Just say'n

Ducatiboy stu said:
All I need is a 1/2 & 9/16 socket and ring-open end spanner.

And a flat blade screw driver.
That's 4 more tools than I use to keep my car running...

Dave70 said:
Nah, thad be silly. To front heavy.

Especially when turbo SRD - 20 Nissan or 2JZ- GTE Toyotas lumps are available complete with trannies and wiring loom for quiet reasonable money. Turnkey Jap reliability. Both make well over the 200 hp mark, bog stock.
Borrrrrrrr!!.....pshhhh..

..just sayin..

Are they from Thailand.....

Latest posts

Back