Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spog said:
Not once in my life have I ever been classed as one of the real folk.
Is the Morrie ute 2 separate pieces,is the ute body separate from the cab ?, as some utes/tray tops are where you can swap the ute body over to a tray top ?
All Morry Utes and Vans share the same front,cab and chassis.

Utes have a cab back but vans dont ( obviously )

Also Utes and vans have a full chassis so you cant put sedan cabs on ute/van chassis easly

Utes suffer bad rust around the wheel arches so most have been taken the easy route and gone tray back....

The lower section of the van body is the same pressing as the ute body

The Morris Minor motor is the same as the mini from the crank centerline up.

Cranks are obviuosly different at the rear but all the bearings are the same

MG Miget/Sprite motors are the same as the 1275 Mini engines from crank up

Externally they all look the same

Damn things are bullet proof

Bridges said:
Thursday night footy sucks, weekend ruined by my team losing before the weekend has even started.
Blame Jesse White.

Since when has it become the norm to indicate left when going straight through a roundabout? Do they not think that the person waiting to enter the roundabout at the junction on their left thinks it is safe to enter the roundabout because that person is turning left?

Heres another one that has me completely confused. Out the back of our shop there is a car park. Every Saturday morning this guy pulls into the car park and reverses into a spot. Normally you would stop when you get close to the kerb. Not this guy....every time he reverses up onto the kerb and then stops. The first time I saw this I thought, yeah what ever, hes to lazy to drive forward off the kerb. Nope every time he reverses up onto the kerb and parks! Why? Why? would you do that?Its not as if he doesnt notice as he gets out and has a look at his back wheels. They are some strange people in this world.

Dear god don't get me started on roundabouts. On a regular occasion I follow people who go straight through a roundabout and I kid you not, they indicate left, then right then left.

How in the blue **** can that be a safer way of driving through a roundabout?.

My strategy now at any roundabout is to watch all 3 exits and expect a complete ******* moron to be driving any car that's even remotely close to coming through the roundabout.

Steve said:
Since when has it become the norm to indicate left when going straight through a roundabout?
Been a rule since I was learning to drive in NSW, so at least since 1998. Always indicate left out of a roundabout, easy as.

you have to indicate off a roundabout regardless of where you enter from. depending on the size, the people on the other entries won't know which direction you came from. **** it shits me when people don't indicate to turn off the roundabout that I have to go through twice a day.

it's on a slight hill, so people on opposite sides can't see what is happening on the other side. The main traffic is north/south and drivers on that road tend to "drive straight through" leaving the people on the other three entries guessing which road they will turn down.
Traffic from the road coming from the right also tend to indicate right immediately, when the're actually intending to take the 2nd exit. Fecking cunce.

learn to indicate on roundabouts please people.

this is it here:

Capture.PNG

TheWiggman said:
Been a rule since I was learning to drive in NSW, so at least since 1998. Always indicate left out of a roundabout, easy as.
Out of a roundabout yeah ok but not before you're approaching it. Thats what im saying

if you're turning right onto a roundabout you should indicate right, and then left to turn off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z45ClSysRQ

Yes, yes yes..it really is that simple yet I see f(*&^ck wits everyday who do not understand this. I mean its not rocket science really is it?

Ahh, well going through a roundabout indicating left the whole time is rant-worthy.
I've seen on more than one occasion someone indicating left THEN indication right as they exit the roundabout.
???????????????????
Oddly both times they were individuals of the fairer sex of Asian descent.

I completely understand indicating left to get off the roundabout, I'm talking about idiots who indicate left 100m before they get to the roundabout.

There should be some kind field mounted missile launcher in the middle of all he roundabouts on a turntable here in canberra to knock out bad roundabout users. I would love that job. Fark, thats getting a bit deep sorry!

Got plenty of roundabouts here In Port Lincoln and bugger me if most of the locals don't use them correctly,I don't enter until the dimwit approaching has made an obvious move out of my way even if the are using their indicators.
Indicators seem to be over rated these days.....eer umm yep yep indicating a left turn but ooh umm nope nope I'm gunna do another lap in a right handed loop then make a decision.
Sometimes just sometimes a bloke would love to be driving a tank,oops **** was that a speed hump ?

And on the topic of traffic ,who here like me if you are at the head of the traffic when then light goes green checks for red light runners before moving ?

Ducatiboy stu said:
The Morris Minor motor is the same as the mini from the crank centerline up.

Cranks are obviuosly different at the rear but all the bearings are the same

MG Miget/Sprite motors are the same as the 1275 Mini engines from crank up

Externally they all look the same

Damn things are bullet proof
Depends on the Sprite series. The Mk III has a 1098 engine, still BMC though.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Depends on the Sprite series. The Mk III has a 1098 engine, still BMC though.
850's/948/998/1098 all had the same block just different bore sizes

1275 had a bigger bore but the block is basically the same

You can mix and match all the parts basically.. although there are some odd ones like the 997 Cooper S block

Ducatiboy stu said:
850's/948/998/1098 all had the same block just different bore sizes

1275 had a bigger bore but the block is basically the same

You can mix and match all the parts basically.. although there are some odd ones like the 997 Cooper S block
Didn't know that. There's a mob that do superchargers for 1275 Spridgets...not for the 1098 unfortunately.

Back