Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airgead said:
That's 4 more tools than I use to keep my car running...
Those 4 tools have been used on many a car & motorcycle......even when sober....

Dave70 said:
Nah, thad be silly. To front heavy
fibreglassfronts_2.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
V8 Morris Minor Ute........ :ph34r:
I seem to recall from my distant past, in the days when I regularly attended race meetings during my decade of living in Unzud, that someone had shoehorned a Ferrari V12 engine into a Morris of some sort. They baptised it Morrari.

tavas said:
scan0006h.jpg

Don't f*ck around. Blown 383ci into a Corolla.
Background

That Corolla was originally built by the Hilliers Brothers in Tenterfield

They make custom built Hearse vehicles ...

Their stuff is ...well....******* awsome

Next time you look at a hearse with a Benz front and Falcodoore rear, it was prob built by Hilliers

I drive a barina.

0-100 in 53sec.

I can smell the jealousy.. along with the overtaking cars.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I want a Morrie,they have always reminded me of a small FJ,never will be able to afford an FJ but a Morrie will do just fine.
I remember my old mans first car was a grey Morrie maybe it's a memory thing..dunno but I want one.

spog said:
I want a Morrie,they have always reminded me of a small FJ,never will be able to afford an FJ but a Morrie will do just fine.
I remember my old mans first car was a grey Morrie maybe it's a memory thing..dunno but I want one.
Good luck buying a ute

You can make a MM 1000 go like a duck shot

You can punch the 948 out to 1046 with 998 +060 Cooper pistons.

Mine runs a MiniSport inlet with 1/34 SU...Waggot " Police spec Copper S " cam....has an extra 10* in the lobes :ph34r:

This bloke knows a bit about motors

http://russellengineering.com.au/project-68mm-part-1/

Airgead said:
That's 4 more tools than I use to keep my car running...
I drive 90's model Patrols, Cruisers and Hilux's because the place I go sometimes warrants driving a shitbox, if I breakdown, I can most probably fix it, if I need parts I can get them. I have been caught in this situation before, out near Birdsville, try getting parts for a new or odd car out there.

If your only driving around the city of the Eastern Seaboard, well yeh, drive your fancy car.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Mine runs a MiniSport inlet with 1/34 SU...Waggot " Police spec Copper S " cam....has an extra 10* in the lobes :ph34r:
That may as well have been written in Mandarin.

*looks for mechanical translator*

Ducatiboy stu said:
You know what you would rather hear as it cruised past the pub......Just say'n
You're right. Nothing beats the fully sick rasping snort of a peripherally ported rotary whilst enjoying a relaxed beer. Brah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uys9PEvctac

Ducatiboy stu said:
Good luck buying a ute

You can make a MM 1000 go like a duck shot

This bloke knows a bit about motors

http://russellengineering.com.au/project-68mm-part-1/

I have imagined a Morrie converted to a tray top complete with a wooden tray and sides,stacks, mag wheels,a few kegs in the back and the " Odd Drop Brewery " painted on the side.
Then parking outside a pub here just to get a few tongues wagging.
Yes I do like to stir the pot at times :).

spog said:
I have imagined a Morrie converted to a tray top complete with a wooden tray and sides,stacks, mag wheels,a few kegs in the back and the " Odd Drop Brewery " painted on the side.
Then parking outside a pub here just to get a few tongues wagging.
Yes I do like to stir the pot at times :).
mmmmm....yyeeaaahhh....Tray Tops are not really classed amongst the real folk...I have yet to see a decent one.

Not once in my life have I ever been classed as one of the real folk.
Is the Morrie ute 2 separate pieces,is the ute body separate from the cab ?, as some utes/tray tops are where you can swap the ute body over to a tray top ?

Thursday night footy sucks, weekend ruined by my team losing before the weekend has even started.

spog said:
Not once in my life have I ever been classed as one of the real folk.
Is the Morrie ute 2 separate pieces,is the ute body separate from the cab ?, as some utes/tray tops are where you can swap the ute body over to a tray top ?
Never ever seen a Morris Minor pickup or ute in the U.K. Only ever seen the saloon the van or traveller ( the one with wood around the rear ) . The later ones came with the 1098cc A series engine same as used in the Austin A40 from about 1964 approx. My first car in Yorkshire was a maroon A40 brilliant reliable car apart from tendency to break halfshafts . Same rear axle in Morris 1000 I think.

Back