Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grott said:
Whilst on the subject of clothes can anyone explain how one (swmbo) can have a huge double wardrobe stuffed full of clothes (and I mean full) yet regularly finds room in for more???
Our walk in robe is like Dr Whos tardis. Amazing really.

My stuff however is basically crammed into a shoe caddy in the corner. In fairness, I can get a good week out of a pair of Ruggers before reaching for a fresh pair.

I never get into any arguments about clothes, ever since the great debate of 2011about whose job is it to hang up the ironed shirts, should it be the person who goes to the wardrobe, gets a coat hanger, irons the shirt, and then leaves it on the handle of wardrobe door for the wearer to hang in the wardrobe.
My argument was, how much more of an effort was it for the ironer to open the wardrobe door and hang up the said shirt, not as much effort apparently as it was to take off the lid of the fermenting wort I had in the bedroom and stuff the shirt in there.

wide eyed and legless said:
My argument was, how much more of an effort was it for the ironer to open the wardrobe door and hang up the said shirt, not as much effort apparently as it was to take off the lid of the fermenting wort I had in the bedroom and stuff the shirt in there.
So how did the beer turn out?

And dude... fermenting wort in the bedroom. You're already pushing you luck with that big time. Use the laundry sink instead, she'll be much happier with that.

Pfft.

Do your boil in the kitchen and let that beautiful hop aroma fill the house......She will be so ecstatic that you will hear nothing but golden silence form her for a few weeks

Its a win-win situation....house smells awsome and you get peace and quite at the same time

Boiling over onto the stove and letting it burn on also enhances the win.

I built the cool room soon after that incident and the most fermentors I had going in the bedroom at any one time was 5, she didn't mind,
Are you really sure that this is the type of women you want to marry....

Famous last words..

'It's fine' or 'I don't mind'.

she didn't mind
Really? One thing the last 20 years has taught me is the there is a big difference between "I don't mind" and not actually minding.

And a Sponge rightly pints out, there is also a big difference between "I'm fine" and actually being fine...

My rant for today is people named Sam.
Well maybe not all people- my wife is called Sam and she is fine (literally Sponge- she is fine).
However other people named Sam shit me. Actually let me refine that- people named Sam who appear on radio shit me. To be really specific, people named Sam that appear on Triple J shit me.

First there was Sam Simmonds- a quirky little fellow who got the occasional gig when the Doctor was sick or came in on a slow guest day. He was the pre-curser to the hipster, and boring as all ****. This bloke I believe actually went to the Edenborough comedy festival - my guess is he didnt get invited back. But JJJ regularly had him on and it drove me mental. Who can forget his riveting interview with the ladies of the CWA on their scone recipes? Or the infamous Hor Hey mini-series.
Not me- I have 2 lateral scars on the insides of my forearms to remind me.

Which brings me to the latest incarnation - Sam Campbell. A runner up in last year's unearthed comedy competition (clearly there were only 2 entrants) has been getting a guest spot on the arvo show on Wednesdays. Most unfunny bloke since Hitler. He has a very irritating nasally pre- testicle descent voice and a very unsure demeanor- which in a lot of cases would be a good start for a quirky comedian. But he fucks it all up by having absolutely no material, timing or sarcasm. They even send him out on the street to interview people and he just gets shot down without a come back. Uninspired, unintelligent and just ******* unfunny.

**** him off JJJ. You have had 2 cracks at getting comedians named Sam- both have failed dismally.

Sami Lukis ex weather girl on Win now on Brisbane radio could give me the shits anytime she likes.. Edwina Bartholomew will do also as backup.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Pfft.

Do your boil in the kitchen and let that beautiful hop aroma fill the house......She will be so ecstatic that you will hear nothing but golden silence form her for a few weeks

Its a win-win situation....house smells awsome and you get peace and quite at the same time
Always worth the effort to go that little further, complaining or silence...............................I know which one I prefer

I gotta say dude, how can you complain about Sam Simmons and Sam Campbell when Veronica and Lewis seem to be on 23 hours a day talking inane garbage? It makes me pine for Jane Gazzo who used to drive me up the wall years ago. And don't get me started on Zan Rowe.

Airgead said:
Really? One thing the last 20 years has taught me is the there is a big difference between "I don't mind" and not actually minding.

And a Sponge rightly pints out, there is also a big difference between "I'm fine" and actually being fine...
When my wife does 'mind' I really get to know about it, as I did when I demonstrated how a one armed man counts his change to her prudish Aunt and Mother.

Mattwa said:
I gotta say dude, how can you complain about Sam Simmons and Sam Campbell when Veronica and Lewis seem to be on 23 hours a day talking inane garbage? It makes me pine for Jane Gazzo who used to drive me up the wall years ago. And don't get me started on Zan Rowe.
They dont have the same first name. It would be simply childish for me to say I dont like people called Veronica AND Lewis.

But yes point well taken- they are pretty shit too.

When my wife does 'mind' I really get to know about it, as I did when I demonstrated how a one armed man counts his change to her prudish Aunt and Mother.
Was it a demonstration or a bust? Either way probably a valuable learning experience for all involved I'm sure.

Droopy Brew said:
There is none, cos that would be like 'hating'. **** JJJ and all who sail upon her. I stopped listening to their shit ages ago. Even hack sucks. Nothing but ******* lazy scab picking teenagers whining about being ice addicts.
The only light use to be that metal show, but I bet they replaced his arse with some urban hip hop program or some busker they 'unearthed' on Harris St.

Dave70 said:
**** JJJ and all who sail upon her. I stopped listening to their shit ages ago.
Young people today and their bad music. Back in my day....

I never get into any arguments about clothes, ever since the great debate of 2011about whose job is it to hang up the ironed shirts,
People iron shirts! I learn something everyday.

Back