Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....hang on a minute the Chanel 7 news headlines is on......nah it's full of doom gloom and flogged to death negativity.
I had a BLOODY good day at work today where everything fell into place and I am a happy happy boy.
How was yours.:).
Cheers...spog....

spog said:
....hang on a minute the Chanel 7 news headlines is on......nah it's full of doom gloom and flogged to death negativity.
I had a BLOODY good day at work today where everything fell into place and I am a happy happy boy.
How was yours.:).
Cheers...spog....
You really need to start a Continuing Happiness thread for this kind of crap spog. We're happy in our misery here. ;)

spog said:
How was yours. :).
Cheers...spog....
You need to wait for the Today Tonight ads: "47 ways to make you happy!"

tavas said:
You need to wait for the Today Tonight ads: "47 ways to make you happy!"
Ha,we don't get Today Tonight here thank F.
Had to throw the Chanel 7 quip in as it was on when I posted but as per usual they out do themselves with mindless shite.
I could tell some stories about commercial TV disrespectful,rude ,heartless,lying,muckraking sensationalist Cnut reporters after the bush fires here some years ago...but I won't .
I could have kicked the shit out of some of these arse wipes ( the lineup of locals wanting to do so was huge ).

Hoping this goes some way to redeeming myself in this thread :).
But I'm still happy.

The head cold that has been simmering all week has shifted into high gear, just in time for the weekend.
Nostrils feel like steak tartare. Mucus a thon.

Its fucked.

On the bright side, I got a haircut for free when the barber nicked a blind pimple shaving the back of my neck yesterday.
It bled you wouldn't believe, really. But it was worth it to save the $22.

Bluuurrrrrrrgggghhhhh

Yesterday while cooking dinner for the family I was trying to plug in the blender and managed to knock my yeast starter off the stir plate on the kitchen bench, resulting in the following;
  1. Ruined the yeast that had been increasing nicely for 2 days from an out of date vial
  2. Broke my favourite Erlenmeyer flask, my only 2 litre one
  3. Sticky yeast starter solution all over the kitchen bench and floor
  4. As I had left a drawer partly open, sticky yeast starter solution all through the Tupperware stored in draw
  5. Annoyed wife and kids who had to wait longer for their dinner while I cleaned up the mess
  6. Pissed off husband/dad/cook/home brewer

Trying to organise a gearbox for the ute.......fckn please

1. The bearings are " Toyota" spec..ie..the input shaft is a 68MM needle bearing, not a ball,
1.5. Ummm...we cant get XXXX bearing...we have most of em $365
2. Freight....FARK...$$$$
3. Found a bloke that has a gearbox for $400 in Parramatta ( as in 1 block from the junction )
4. Me knowns a mate of a mate who is a mate who might be able to pick it up
4. Stupid me asks gearbox seller " Mate, looking for an MR2 supercharger....
5. Mate, got one for $400

I have bought a Gearbox & supercharger for $800.........

I just wanted the gearbox only...... honest...its the truth...

Why are manual transmissions so hard to find in smaller cars?. I don't care how good the technology gets, an engine 2 litres or less needs a manual transmission. A dodgem car, fair enough, but not a real car. So hard to find a corolla or Mazda in manual.

Funny thing is, due to sheer demand, autos are now cheaper to produce for most new vehicles than manual boxes. Yet it's expected that you pay more for an auto so you do.

Is this except in cars such as commodores and falcons where they only make the standard models in auto not even giving you the choice?

Fuk me it was cold this morning.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1. Trying to make lists of things.
2. Can't think of things to make lists of.
3. Well, I just like the look of the number 3.
4. See item 2.

I would've preferred double spacings, NFH...but apart from that, that's a fine looking list.

Latest posts

Back