Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While poking around under the house to work out where to run beer lines from the glorious new shed into the house, I found a patch of rot in my side wall... I poked around a bit... found more... didn't like the look of where it was... got a builder in to look. He poked around a bit...pulled some of the weatherboards off....

Turns out I need 20K worth of urgent structural repairs to stop the side wall of the house from falling down because the idiot previous owners did something stupid to the flashing on the roof 20 years ago (like try to install some himself and stuffing up the job royally) which has been letting water into the wall cavity and slowly rotting out the beams.

So... shed shed is built but coolroom (and hence beer on tap in house) is on hold for the foreseeable.

Bugger.

Handymen should be shot !,over the years I have seen some shockers yet all that is required is a licence for these muppets to work.
All because some Fwit in government had a brain fart and revenue could be had from it,
Correct training and lots of it is now out the door.
people with expeience and knowledge are what is needed,what's wrong with having a former cop as the police minister in states and territories or a doctor running health etc,but then that leaves the age old problem of politicians.....

Previous owner of the house wasn't even a handyman... he was a banker. Didn't stop him from doing all his own work though. Including wiring.... when we first bought the place it had live gutters if you turned the outside light on. Had to have the whole place completely rewired to make it safe.

We thought we had found all his dodgy crap but missed one little bit of flashing...

Mind you, I do all my own work round the house as well but at least I know my limits- no wiring, no plumbing and nothing structural. That's what professionals are for. But if you want a tile floor laid, or a timber floor for that matter, or plastering, or a stud wall, or anything that isn't going to make the house fall down.. I'm your guy.

Anker, canker, danker, eanker, fanker, ganker....no actual words as yet....bear with me....

Danwood said:
Anker, canker, danker, eanker, fanker, ganker....no actual words as yet....bear with me....
Actually both Canker and Danker are real words...

Danker as in more dank (dark, wet and smelly) than something else. A canker is a sort of disease that plants get.

On-Call tech support sucks balls...

No...I am not going to remote in and setup your ******* win8.1 machine email client.....especially on Sunday.

Airgead said:
Actually both Canker and Danker are real words...

Danker as in more dank (dark, wet and smelly) than something else. A canker is a sort of disease that plants get.
Thanks for that. Ahhh, it was wanker he was rhyming with banker !

The joke has not faired well with the pedants picking at it, it would seem.

Don't be cantankerous Dan, you cankerous *******. :D

Maybe Dan is upset that he left the tap on and has to call the water tanker.
Or he was playing football and was tackled by a flanker.
Or he failed to be a YouTube sensation as a planker.

Latest posts

Back