Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
I'm gay. Give me half a million dollars.

*edit* (no homo)
Swim the 400m in 2 minutes then we will talk.

Honestly I think the only person in Australia who didn't know Ian Thorpe was gay is Ian Thorpe.

Came as a complete surprise to hear he had come out- I thought he had been outted for years.

And I haven't got half a mill. (For the record neither could Thorpie- I meant sub 4 minutes)

Droopy Brew said:
Came as a complete surprise to hear he had come out- I thought he had been outted for years.
I told my mrs over the weekend about the news after I heard it on fox sports and she said 'Obviously, didn't he come out years ago?'.

I actually thought the same as her first time I heard it as I thought it was already known - seemed like a bit of deja vu.. not too sure where either of us got that idea from.

Droopy Brew said:
And I haven't got half a mill. (For the record neither could Thorpie- I meant sub 4 minutes)
In that case, I could probably do it at a brisk walk.

I said to my wife last night "you know about the dramas going on in Israel at the moment, all the missile launches?"
"No."
"You know, as a result of the murders of those 4 boys from either side. 3 kids were killed, then another in response?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Have you been watching the news?"
"Yes."

* Wiggers raises a glass to the media and their clear efforts at getting news across that the people can relate to *

No surprise that Thorpe has come out,poor ******* is going to hounded by the media,can't these leeches find a real story ?.
**** me if the tables were turned and people started digging into the lives of the media the shit would hit the fan and they will scream invasion of privacy.
I bet a lot of them have a closet full of skeletons.
Pack of nosey.........

Actually a friend of my brothers worked at a TV station in Sydney , some of the stories he told were amazing,covering various ........ , ....... ,.......... ,...... .(edited)

And no I won't tell them here as I want to keep my house.

Good on him for coming out on his own terms.

Personally I couldn't care less where he or anyone else sticks their dick (as long as it's not in my wife), but I bet it'd a liberating thing for him.

He did a $550,000 deal with channel 10 to come out.. **** mate I'd say anything on TV for that. Pay off the mortgage and then some!

I never knew he was gay. I don't know why it matters. I think the real story should be why this is still news in 2014. Who gives a ****? Good on him for cashing in on society's stupidity though.

Well....He was allways gay...you cant change that, I shared a flat with a gay bloke, who really cares..

I think its sad that some aspects of society want to make news of about who or what someone is...

Having known a number of GLBT people, the last thing they want is to be pointed out.

They are like the rest of us.

Bit like walking down the street and some knob calling out " hey..he is a home brewer..."

It shouldn't matter but when someone as well known/successful/famous comes out, it can encourage younger,lesser known men and women in significant ways. We should live in a society where sexual identity is a non-issue but we're not quite there yet.
Sure many people guessed, many won't care but there'll be several young, gay teenagers out there hiding who feel a little bit normalised by thorpe (and others of his ilk).

Can't argue with that, if it makes a young person more comfortable with who they are, or even better, it discourages someone from questioning the sexual identity of a ******* 16 year old, then he's done good for more than just himself (which I might add would be completely in line with how the bloke seems to have lived his life).

Yeah, I didn't really think about it like that. It has an immeasurable value when put into that context.

It's still disappointing that there's any stigma attached to it. How is gay marriage still a major political debate? They deserve to be miserable just like the rest of the married suckers.

We live in a society that creates an atmosphere of constant, almost oppressive, celebrity worship. People crave celebrity in every facet of life from the kitchen to music to the wardrobe to the whatever the hell it is that the Kardashians offer. Oxygen misuse presumably.
It didn't make the news because it is a big deal. It made the news because it was something about someone that we once saw on the telly.

Back