Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My partner wants to watch the dome. Last thing I saw that was this ridiculous was joh bjelke-petersen.

Some of King's stories should never be adapted to screen let alone a friggin TV series. Not that I've read 'Under the Dome' but it can't be as bad as those ads look.

I read a lot of king as a kid and while some became classic movies, the majority are mundane, trivial soap opera bilge with a horror bent. Same themes explored over and over again. Look some alien/supernatural force made uncle jack sodomise his nephew then take his own life with a fork. Let's get all the kids together and make a guy fawkes statue from an onion and some left over chicken wings and kill the vampire/ghost/car/alien/parallel dimension being/dog/psycho/clown/government conspirator.
Imagine if Dean Koontz fucked Macguyver while watching the bold and the beautiful.

Hey. Ease up on the Richard Dean Anderson gibe OK buddy. Sure, he's no Scott Bakula but he held his own.

practicalfool said:
Feel your pain. Got laid off last year and had to file the separation cert and go through the usual bullshit. Tried to go online and stop the govt paying me because I was pretty sure I wasn't yet eligible being too soon after, nope ******* Centrelink wasn't hard enough so they made my gov even harder to work out. Errors and errors and errors.

So, you telling me I can't do normal e-tax this year??

Nope, you have to use your my.gov account.

I just can't figure out why it was changed, the old system of using the number from your old notice of assessment was fine.

Donske said:
Donske, on 02 Jul 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

Nope, you have to use your my.gov account.

I just can't figure out why it was changed, the old system of using the number from your old notice of assessment was fine.
Unless you lost your notice of assessment, hadn't done a tax return etc etc. And seriously, trying to do an online tax return on July 1 just seems like a bad idea to me. I'm sure there would be some IT geeks here that could clarify that a system designed to handle 'x' transactions a day can't suddenly handle 200x transactions a day without a major hardware upgrade which wouldn't be worth it for what, 3 weeks of high load?

This is not an uncommon problem, lots of sites with "big dates" (ticket sales, when things go viral) go down all the time from load issues, and I'm pretty sure if a couple of hundred thousand hits can drop ticketek a couple of million hits is going to ruin MyGov.

And my experience with e-tax has been anything but good. It worked for me once in over 10 years. I just send it all to the accountant now, dealing with the ATO is to painful.

definitely better off getting an accountant, even if you're just a salary earner. They will be able to milk the deductions for you (legally), and if you get audited, they will be the first point of call. then you can claim their fee as a deduction the following year.

manticle said:
My partner wants to watch the dome. Last thing I saw that was this ridiculous was joh bjelke-petersen.
I watched some of the first series. A small 'some'. I wanted to like it. I really tried. But it was just awful. It might have passed for a film but stretched out to a full season was a foolish idea. And now they're doing another one. Well done guys.

Camo6 said:
Hey. Ease up on the Richard Dean Anderson gibe OK buddy. Sure, he's no Scott Bakula but he held his own.
You're referring to the guy who played Archer as a good actor? He did an all right job playing the most incompetent Captain in trek history, but he's not that great

Steve said:
I ******* hate the two dumb arse aliens on the budget direct adds. Smarter, cheaper, winner? I will never use budget direct because of the these two fuckwits.
Why did you prefer the old guy in the sketchy relationship with the young french bird they used to use in their adds?
I'd have loved to have been in the meeting with the add agency, "the old guy with the young french bird is confusing and off putting for every demographic except old men, we need to go somewhere different and we're thinking... Aliens!"

peas_and_corn said:
You're referring to the guy who played Archer as a good actor? He did an all right job playing the most incompetent Captain in trek history, but he's not that great
Nah, was referring to his part in Quantum Leap. Soooo much better than MacGuyver. Not as good as Highway to Heaven though.

Bridges said:
Why did you prefer the old guy in the sketchy relationship with the young french bird they used to use in their adds?
I'd have loved to have been in the meeting with the add agency, "the old guy with the young french bird is confusing and off putting for every demographic except old men, we need to go somewhere different and we're thinking... Aliens!"
I didn't say I did prefer the old fart and the French tart that you couldn't understand. They were just as annoying. Ad agencies are clueless sometimes. Yeah yeah, some will say but your talking about it now aren't you? Im talking about it because it shits me to tears. To be honest now I think about it I don't even remember what they are selling so the advertising didn't work.

Same as that Allied insurance ad with that annoying Asian lady screaming like a strangled cat when shes standing in water trying to get into her brothel.

I think Bill Hicks understood the advertising industry and what drives the members of it.

Adverts and advertising in general grinds my gears too.

Embellishing this, twisting that, omitting the other...professional liers basically.

Back