Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree shaunous.
Unfortunately these days there is a massive lack of discipline amongst children and adults. Work ethics have gone down the drain in many cases too.
A short stint in any of the forces would teach the younguns a thing or two about how to make a good go of anything.

I myself have not been through any of those type of institutions, but consider myself to have a good work ethic and hard working attitude.
Grew up just with a mum and 3 bros. she got it right, myself and little brother are tradies, the other two work in aluminium, one in mining and the other retail. We all work pretty hard.

CF

CoopsOz said:
Do you know what happens once a British Soldier serves his 22yrs these days? He joins the Australian Army, collects his British pension and continues his career here. :) They have got it good. We were actively recruiting them in a very successful lateral transfer program a few years back.
That might have been an option for me a few years ago.

We had a few Aus fellas attached to our squadron in Helmand.

The munitions and some systems used on our Apaches were the same as you'd be using on a new heli you were getting...I forget the name.

We had a couple of games of cricket...I forget the score, honest.

WTF is the go with footballers these days...

Seriously...what is their problem

Screen-Shot-2014-06-29-at-9.55.19-AM-480x288.png

First thing most people ask me when I mention being in the army is " didn't you want to do a trade"?

No.

Reasons are, I joined the army to be a soldier, not to be a tradie.

Doing a domestic apprenticeship would leave you with much better set of skills in 4 years than doing the same apprenticeship in defence and in 6 years. This is because you spend more time doing army stuff rather than 5 days a week for 4 years on the tools.

I wouldn't want to rock up at a site just for people to say behind my back that my skills are average.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Havnt you heard of the Sawty Bubbler Stu, hailing from that little beach town down the road, Sawtell, NSW.

Its basically whats going on in that pic, but they do it in the middle of the main street infront of everyone.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Yep, a new high point in Carneys distinguished career.

At least he'll be easy to replace.

hqdefault.jpg

Must be tough for Todd Carney. First, you can't get chased by the cops. Then you can't drink and drive. Then you can't piss on other people. Then you can't drink at all. And now.......you can't even piss in your own mouth. What's the point of being a professional footballer?
Keen fans of Todd's work will be aware that's an abridged version of his rap sheet. At the very least he's never had a dog S his D, one of league's high points I'd forgotton about until dave70 jogged my memory somewhere around here the other week. Cheers Dave, and you too Joel.

So, I got my group certificate today and thought I would get in early and lodge my eTax tonight so that I can claim the miserable ******* pittance owed to me.

Download the program without any hassles, none of the annoying ******* updates that I had to deal with last year. Hell even the questions are at least vaguely in a language the average person doesn't need to read 400 billion ******* times to make any sense of like in previous years. I got through that shit in about 20 minutes.

Went to lodge feeling real ******* smug because I'd managed to actually file my notice of assessment from last year, figured I'd be all done and dusted within 30 minutes.

Nope, the ATO in it's infinite idiocy have made it mandatory to use their immensely poorly designed my.*******.gov website to lodge a bloody tax return.

After my initial wave of anger had passed I tried to actually create and then link a my.stupidfuckingawfulpieceofshit.gov account with my ATO details.

Their ******* servers are failing, proxy errors every second mouse click.

Bah.

^^Great show...I like the coat he makes.

'Gasp'...we won't believe what happens on Masterchef tomorrow !

The green ******* team can't use their dominant hand during the cook, the red ******* team can't use knives of any kind and the indigo ******* team have to wear chest waders and diving masks.
And they're cooking a 6 course degustation for 100 hungry workers on an off-shore oil rig.

Probably.

Donske said:
So, I got my group certificate today and thought I would get in early and lodge my eTax tonight so that I can claim the miserable ******* pittance owed to me.

Download the program without any hassles, none of the annoying ******* updates that I had to deal with last year. Hell even the questions are at least vaguely in a language the average person doesn't need to read 400 billion ******* times to make any sense of like in previous years. I got through that shit in about 20 minutes.

Went to lodge feeling real ******* smug because I'd managed to actually file my notice of assessment from last year, figured I'd be all done and dusted within 30 minutes.

Nope, the ATO in it's infinite idiocy have made it mandatory to use their immensely poorly designed my.*******.gov website to lodge a bloody tax return.

After my initial wave of anger had passed I tried to actually create and then link a my.stupidfuckingawfulpieceofshit.gov account with my ATO details.

Their ******* servers are failing, proxy errors every second mouse click.

Bah.
Feel your pain. Got laid off last year and had to file the separation cert and go through the usual bullshit. Tried to go online and stop the govt paying me because I was pretty sure I wasn't yet eligible being too soon after, nope ******* Centrelink wasn't hard enough so they made my gov even harder to work out. Errors and errors and errors.

So, you telling me I can't do normal e-tax this year??

@Danwood - They have to make each other into tasty dishes.
In a ramekin.
Under a salamander.
Garnished with bread dumplings and pickled cabbage.

Matt Preston has already eaten a few contestants. It's in his contract...you get eliminated, you get in the sous vide machine with bay leaves and garlic in your pockets.

Why does he look and dress like a massive version of toad from 'Wind in the Willows' ?

Ok, ok.... I'm finished on this topic. I feel I have made my point.

I ******* hate the two dumb arse aliens on the budget direct adds. Smarter, cheaper, winner? I will never use budget direct because of the these two fuckwits.

What ? Not even the exploding fist bump wins you over?

Tough crowd.

I was at an Italian/Australian wedding recently and George Calombaris was the MC. The first thing he said was "I'm not George Calombaris." Was such a let down. Absolute ringer for him.

I assume you'd already thrown your chair and shoes at him before he'd finished that sentence, Cam ?

(Sorry, I am seeking help)

Latest posts

Back