Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve said:
I ******* hate the two dumb arse aliens on the budget direct adds. Smarter, cheaper, winner? I will never use budget direct because of the these two fuckwits.
I hate aliens full stop, come down here pinching jobs, I would like to know how come they got to Australia, when they have the whole world to choose from, they usually opt for Louisiana, its either they are keen on Gumbo or prefer the residents of Louisiana for their scientific experiments.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Ironic that a lot of politicians are lawyers...
Not really... more inevitable than ironic.

I'd much rather our politicians began their careers as lawyers than ******* mining tycoons or commodore enthusiasts.

Was reading through the report on the audit/enquiry into the civil aviation safety authority.

******* people are daft. Some of the suggestions made take you backwards over hot coals.

Take this for example:
The regulations should be worded in plain speak.

Yeah right, so you can have every idiot challenging the law as to what is safety in the air and the authority spends millions defending itself.

Change the law to 3-tier instead of 2-tier.

Right, so you take the regulations, strip out the detail in each bit and refer it to a manual of standards where you basically re-state the law in even more words. Why? So the regulations themselves shrink down. Oh, this is smart stuff.

Basically, because a lot of small air operators are run by frikkin pilots who hate having to read anything more complicated than year 12 English (see what I did there), you should dumb down the law and create massive loopholes.

I did agree with the bits about the industry seeing the regulator as a policeman more than an enabler. Then the report goes on to reject suggestions to extend the mandate of the regulator to include promoting sustainability of the industry.

I'm really amazed that they could cobble together 30 something mostly rubbish recommendations.

Really liked the one about the next director of our civil aviation safety authority not required to have any aviation expertise. Well done. Retards.

Plain English drafting done properly actually leads to fewer claims. That's why banks and insurance providers use it to an extent now. Sometimes it's not going to work but for base or core items it works.

The idea is that people understand what they sign up to on their own so aren't surprised by anything. Challenges usually come when the expectations aren't reflected in the wording. As far as challenges go, if some fuckwit thinks he's clever he'll challenge it either way. Usually self represented. They don't tend to get any traction.

I know nothing about aviation regulation so have no idea if it'd work there or not, but I'd be surprised if at least some core regulations couldn't be plain English.

Had a long neck (that's a tallie for you whacky-arse eastern staters) of Guinness Extra stout last night. Realised it was BUL by Carlton after the first sip.

What a piss-poor attempt at stout. I don't know how they could ruin this, but they have. Each mouthful was disappointment and contempt. Tipped most of it.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Wouldnt it be great if our politicians started out as home brewers
One of our local state members who made it to cabinet listed home brewing as an interest on his twitter account. He resigned from cabinet recently citing that he wanted to spend more time with his family but I suspect it was because it was getting in the way of his brew days.

One of the boys got the shit kicked out of him on Saturday night by three weak ***** at the local train station on the way home from a wedding. How lovely for him and his girlfriend.
Going in to get x rays this morning to check his eye socket and / or another part of his face isn't broken.
I almost feel guilty that I was about to rip into him when I saw his number come up on my phone at 7.15 this morning, which usually only ever means one thing.
What a wonderful world..

That is fucked, Dave. I hope he's ok.

A mate of mine was nearly bashed last weekend. Coming home from the trainstation alone at 11 pm and he walked passed two large skinhead blokes. My mate is not large and is certainly not a fighter. One of them tried to grab him around the neck so he just piss bolted. They were screaming at him, calling him a coward gutless prick and to come and fight like a man. Top blokes.

Hope he's OK and can ID them to the local boys in blue when he looks through their photo album...

Yeah, there's some ******* gutless pricks around. Unfortunately I have lots of stories of me and my mates and pieces of shit.

I really hope the damage isn't too bad.

Back