Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
Who needs a vet, ain't nuttin u can't fix without a staple gun, needle, fishing line and back up .22 rifle.
Along with duct tape and WD-40..

And...

macgyver.jpg

pffffttt... if you can't fix it with just duct tape and wd40 then you just aren't trying hard enough (or its not fixable).

shaunous said:
Who needs a vet, ain't nuttin u can't fix without a staple gun, needle, fishing line and back up .22 rifle.
Mate of mine grew up farming. His old man is a tough ******* and he would always carry a tube of super glue in the glove box of the land cruiser for any deep cuts that required stitches.

Pull the skin back in place, strip of glue over the top, wait till set, and keep working.

No shit.

Have heard that super glue was developed as a rapid field suture for medics in Vietnam. Not 100% sure on that but have used it to close up the annoying cuts and fish spikes in the hands which otherwise get infected when working on a fishing boat. Was very skeptical at first but proved to be effective.
So should have a rant to stay on topic...
Goddam businesses who take your money and fail to provide the promised product on time and when you contact them 2 weeks later to find out what the hold up is you get given a bullshit story and so you have to start waiting all over again and so you have to look at a boring old sheet of gyprock when you are cooking dinner instead of an awesome printed glass splashback. Feckers.

I work with food, I use profanities but does the forum need to, when I tell a co worker if needs more Fin X its diferent to the written word. I have read many posts recently carrying words not suited to my young family structure. I am not a prood I C,F! And A with the best of them, mostly second nature in the industry buy I don't like it in written word, I use things like posts and recipes to get my daughter reading. I learn she learns the words. It is a bit more advanced than I am I will etc. sometimes you will need to say **** etc but why so often in posts lately, I say that word 200 times a night but is not what I teach my kids...

What drives me nuts is people who use posts from a Continuing Rant thread on a beer forum to get their daughter reading.

Also people who say **** 200 times a night but delusionally believe it's not what they teach their kids.

Oh yeah, and people who complain about cursing on a beer forum because such words are far more offensive when written than when spoken.

Pigeons,I hate pigeons someone in the neighbourhood has pigeons they shit on my roof,they shit from the sky and it lands on my ute.
The pigeons I mean not the neighbours.
Rats with wings,been considering buying a slug gun to sort them out but as I live in suburbia someone might see me with a gun and call the cops.
I could try to find out who owns them and tell to packup and **** off,I even looked in phone book but didn't find anyone in my area named Bert so I guess I will have to put up with these poxy birds.

When I type swear words, they are never spelt correctly, so it doesn't count, or I'm teaching your daughter how to spell incorrectly. Kunt and Fuk being examples.

spog said:
Pigeons,I hate pigeons someone in the neighbourhood has pigeons they shit on my roof,they shit from the sky and it lands on my ute.
The pigeons I mean not the neighbours.
Rats with wings,been considering buying a slug gun to sort them out but as I live in suburbia someone might see me with a gun and call the cops.
I could try to find out who owns them and tell to packup and **** off,I even looked in phone book but didn't find anyone in my area named Bert so I guess I will have to put up with these poxy birds.
Sling shot and frozen pea's. Worked for me when I lived in the GC, pea's are hard as Fuk when frozen and quickly thaw out, looking all innocent like and not a type of ammunition.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Suprise peas are the hardest known item on the planet.
With a sling shot and frozen peas they'll get a surprise all right.

Back