Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the state of NSW with roughly 800 650 square k's of land can only set aside a paltry 4 x 4 km square of space on the shoreline of Stockton beach for recreational vehicles.
That have to be registered with the RMS.
And require a day pass.
And are restricted to 40 kph.

By comparison, the state of California is roughly half that size, over six times the population and has more RV parks than you can shake a riding boot at.

Basically, if you don't have access to private property or a registered vehicle, you're pretty much fucked - or at the mercy of dedicated riding parks. Trust me, that aint a cheap weekend.
With so much public land sitting around unused and parents desperately keen on keeping the kiddies off drugs, out of gangs and transfixed by the x box, getting them into powersports seems like a great option.

On the issue of unsolicited religious types that come a-knockin at your door, I like to keep a niqab on the hatstand where it can be quickly whipped on before the door is answered.
Pretty much a conversation (and conversion) stopper right there.
Watch them drop their Watchtowers and hot foot it back out the gate.

Actually I too tried the answering the door in my underwear trick. Their 10 yo daughter thought it was pretty funny. Parents looked aghast. I invited them in. We never again had the Witnesses come back to my parents house. I'd be curious to see their list and reasons ;)

Its a costume?

I wasn't game to ask.

You know how it is, cultural sensitivity and all that.

Actually my avatar is a Balinese demon accepting the people's offering of a roast pig. It also happens to look a lot like Homer Simpson. It's in front of a babi guling (spit roast pig) restaurant in Bali. And I would love, love, love to have it as the mascot for a pork-only restaurant called The Magic Animal! :icon_drool2:

The Magic Animal.jpg

I wish I'd never seen that picture in full size.

You just totally destroyed the mental image I'd painted of you.

At the smaller scale, it looks like a man with scrotal elephantiasis who has put his junk on a bird bath.

Liam_snorkel said:
At the smaller scale, it looks like a man with scrotal elephantiasis who has put his junk on a bird bath.
And a touch gynecomastia on the larger scale.

Mardoo said:
Actually my avatar is a Balinese demon accepting the people's offering of a roast pig. It also happens to look a lot like Homer Simpson. It's in front of a babi guling (spit roast pig) restaurant in Bali. And I would love, love, love to have it as the mascot for a pork-only restaurant called The Magic Animal! :icon_drool2:

attachicon.gif
The Magic Animal.jpg
Its a brave move to open a pork only eatery in a country where only around 2% of the locals eat pork (if the religious stats are to be believed).
I'll bet you can get a whole suckling pig in the low season for a song.

Dave70 said:
Its a brave move to open a pork only eatery in a country where only around 2% of the locals eat pork (if the religious stats are to be believed).
I'll bet you can get a whole suckling pig in the low season for a song.
They eat pork on Bali like you wouldn't believe. Same with any other meat.

Dave70 said:
That the state of NSW with roughly 800 650 square k's of land can only set aside a paltry 4 x 4 km square of space on the shoreline of Stockton beach for recreational vehicles.
And require a day pass.

By comparison, the state of California is roughly half that size, over six times the population and has more RV parks than you can shake a riding boot at.

Basically, if you don't have access to private property or a registered vehicle, you're pretty much fucked - or at the mercy of dedicated riding parks. Trust me, that aint a cheap weekend.
With so much public land sitting around unused and parents desperately keen on keeping the kiddies off drugs, out of gangs and transfixed by the x box, getting them into powersports seems like a great option.

On the issue of unsolicited religious types that come a-knockin at your door, I like to keep a niqab on the hatstand where it can be quickly whipped on before the door is answered.
I posted about that, and got this below. Sad really. As u said, we go on about getting kids of today more active, then close most of Tasmania's national parks to campers, then follow by closing more and more on the mainland. Thank fuk I live on a farm to get away, others are sadly not as lucky.

Airgead said:
Yep... idiots like that really make me rant as well. Moronic 4wd hoons ruining our national parks.

jlm said:
We did what now?
Didnt this all happen 12months or more ago. Shitloads of very popular parks were closed to campers. Some stayed open to day visitors who could walk and follow signposted tracks, others were locked up altogether as heritage. If this is incorrect the news and all 4x4 mags I browse are incorrect....

Wow, that sounds crazy -- closing most of the national parks in Tasmania to campers. That would truly suck, unless it were just a temporary measure because of construction or restoration or something. Can you dig up some stories about this?

Not that I recall. There were some closures of tracks in the NW to motorised vehicles......Its not an area I'm familiar with so don't know the extent of that decision. From memory that decision was the result of some concerns from the local indigenous community getting upset over some middens getting trashed by quad bike riders and the greens picked up the cause, but as I said I'm not an expert on the area so don't take that as gospel.

As for being locked up as "heritage".......Well about 1/5th of the state is registered WHA, but there's nothing stopping you going in and spending some time there (Overland Track being the exception during peak season due to its popularity) as long as you're prepared to use your feet and a fuel stove. And preferably know what you're doing.

Would be interested to see these stories.

Dave70 said:
And require a day pass.

Yep,take some land use the tax payers money and turn it into a National Park,then double dip and charge the people ( tax payers) to access it.
Then have it policed by anal nazi park rangers who almost have a melt down when you piss on the road,and when you ( me) are asked as to why you ( I ) didn't do in the bush and you ( I ) reply " because you wankers would shit yourselves if I pissed on one on your precious flowers" .
And don't get me started on these tossers when they do a controlled burn that fucks off over the hill and wipes out more vegetation than they have brain cells .
Cheers....spog....

Back