Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
practicalfool said:
They got trailers for free hire bro...
We have a trailer... but you can't get 6m lengths home in a trailer. Well.. not in ours and not in theirs either. Believe me... I did check.

Apologies bro.

I remember I had them deliver those lengths when I used them.

Of course, they delivered a load of structural timber worth 4 times what I'd paid for that I foolishly rang and told them about.

Ahhh...the mighty hilux

The Microsft of the ute world.

Still putting out "New" 20yr old utes...

Ahhh and the mighty "sports bra" an original Hilux accessory, particularly necessary if you have "Moobs"

Fortunately I don't... but the missus had to keep hold of hers the whole way there and back to avoid concussing herself. And to avoid distracting me...

Boobs...why do they distarct men so often that we ....offer to hold them whilst we drive.....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Boobs...why do they distarct men so often that we ....offer to hold them whilst we drive.....
That would be more dangerous than driving whilst using a mobile phone. I'll check the road rules to see if it's covered.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Bring back the bench seat, I say...:)

manticle said:
You can have your own brewspace and still have that special father/son brewday without needing to rely on it for when you want to brew.

You brew in your time, when your dad feels like a brewday or when it's been a while since you had one - get together. That way it's actually meaningful instead of marred by resentment. Your feelings are totally understandable but dicko makes a good point. Dad won't be there forever - doesn't mean you need to keep going the way you are and if you do it will actually ruin the memories.
Actually my wife came up with a good suggestion (bless her). Given I work for myself these days I can do some work from his place whilst firing up the braumeister and having a brew on. The issue on the weekends is time pressure with other commitments, kids etc so if I brew during the week with the kids at school I don't have that.

It's not like I don't get along with my old man or that we don't spend time together - we do. We enjoy a beer together (although my mother nags him every time he has a beer, but that's a thread in itself!) but as with any relationship or activity, if it's one person doing all the lifting it gets a bit tiring after a while.

Airgead said:
Fortunately I don't... but the missus had to keep hold of hers the whole way there and back to avoid concussing herself. And to avoid distracting me...
Photos or it didn't happen :p

... And another thing. I'm so tired of reading names like 'Dark IPA', 'Black IPA', 'Brown IPA'.

They can't bloody be both pale and dark.

Name them appropriately, damnit. IBA - India Brown Ale. Or even better, English/American Dark Strong Ale. Or something. Feck, even 'Sump Oil With Hops In'.

Airgead said:
Personally I go for potholes in the road,look at the missus' Jubblies and say " rough road love " Get a punch on the shoulder every time.
Cheers....spog...

Mattress said:
Photos or it didn't happen :p
Yeah... you wish.

And yes... boobs do distract guys.. one minute we are talking about how crap hilux utes are, the next we are talking about boobs.

Hahah. Sometimes at the lights I feather the brake on off really fast to get some nice jiggling action when my girlfriend is in the car.

Airgead said:
It was a Hilux ute....
...why would anyone who doesn't need to bet big stuff from point a to point b ever drive one? Seriously you people. WTF?
They can be rough, for sure. But most proper utes I've driven are that way.

I spent a few summers driving a Chevrolet 3/4 ton and a Chevy duallie in the Absarokas (Wyoming), and a few years driving a variety of Toyotas and Nissans in the Victorian Alps and Brindabellas, for work. They're all rough on bad roads, but the Chevys are even rougher when you add in all the times you have to stop and fix something (then bitch at the state government for not allowing the purchase of foreign vehicles). At least Toyotas and Nissans won't decide to begin spontaneously disassembling themselves once you're 200 km from nowhere, surrounded by grizzly bears or odd looking guys with fiddles.

What annoys me is extended family who just won't go home. We've had dinner, dessert, had a nice chat etc. But they won't leave. The "Oh well, we better get going" part takes literally an hour. Then there's the leaving part. Another half an hour of talking while they are in the car in the driveway. Some of which is a re-tell of previous conversations.

I am welcoming and generous in my home, but when I am literally falling asleep while I am talking to you, it's time to make a move, bro.

I used "literally" twice above, but I used it literally. This may or may not piss people off.

Back