Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted in the "Continuing Happiness" thread, so will balance it out here.

******* work Christmas parties. What a load of ******* bullshit. This is a busy time of year and my management continually pile more and more work and want everything done before the end of year but then throw, awards events, and at least three Christmas parties each for a different level, team, department, bigger department.

What shits me even more, is that these events you have to RSVP too, but they are mandatory. You are expected to attend and have fun. And because we need to be entertained, they make them "fun" The one we attended the other day was "90's trivia and bingo" Get fucked!

And the beer is always shit. And one of them it was warm. And shit.

**** off and let me pretend to work.
Are they at least inside normal work hours?

Christmas Carols.
I don't want to be in your shop at the best of times. The lights are so bright it's like it's a goddamn interrogation by the KGB. The xmas carols are not enjoyable, in fact I wish I was deaf.

I am a contractor, and have been told my RSVP is mandatory at one of my clients' breakup gigs or I lose my work.

Fark these cant's...

I get the need to organise catering numbers, but don't they get that we don't know when our phone will ring, but when it does, we gotta go?

Could be bulk gas leak etc... that is lethal... But even worse, if beer is hitting the floor that is criminal.

Mate..its great beer...you will love it, something special for Xmas

....now if the offered a case on Coopers Vintage......weeellllll......
I was reading that Coopers Vintage is the biggest seller in Tesco's (UK supermarket chain) can't for the life of me understand why Coopers would allow pubs here who have it on tap serve it at about 2 degrees C, just imagine what it would be like through a beer engine at about 10 degrees C.:foammug:

Just posted in the "Continuing Happiness" thread, so will balance it out here.

******* work Christmas parties. What a load of ******* bullshit. This is a busy time of year and my management continually pile more and more work and want everything done before the end of year but then throw, awards events, and at least three Christmas parties each for a different level, team, department, bigger department.

What shits me even more, is that these events you have to RSVP too, but they are mandatory. You are expected to attend and have fun. And because we need to be entertained, they make them "fun" The one we attended the other day was "90's trivia and bingo" Get fucked!

And the beer is always shit. And one of them it was warm. And shit.

**** off and let me pretend to work.

Best Xmas rant I’ve read, you win.
Fark, the amount of times over the years I’ve had people “want” an extension or pergola etc done 4 weeks before Christmas coz family is coming !
Hmm, planning approval, costing etc. I can’t pull a rabbit out of a hat but I pull a hair outa my arse.
Go get fucked.

I am a contractor, and have been told my RSVP is mandatory at one of my clients' breakup gigs or I lose my work.

Fark these cant's...

I get the need to organise catering numbers, but don't they get that we don't know when our phone will ring, but when it does, we gotta go?

Could be bulk gas leak etc... that is lethal... But even worse, if beer is hitting the floor that is criminal.
Send them a bill for attendance.

I understand completely. Just if it was outside normal hours and still 'expected' or compulsory, it would be an extra layer of shit.

Nah, people think the world ends at Christmas. It effing doesn't. I love the bit where I get to have a beer with my brothers, my dad, some work mates. I hate going near a shop or even worse shopping centre at this time of year though. Had some slag drive a trolley into my leg the other day in the super market, I'm trying my best to not get upset so I ignore it continue shopping and turn to reach for a box of cereal, her daughter jumps through as kids do and gets in the way. She's about four and I couldn't care less, but mum starts telling her off! Like a proper look where you're going style rant at the poor kid. Really had to bite my tongue.

Back