Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy day: the NBN is coming to Kyogle
Leaflet from Telstra promising me 18 Mbps... I really can't wait. That's blindingly fast compared to my current speed on ADSL, isn't it: I mean the figures speak for themselves.

speedtest.jpg

******* morons.

18mbps would be great where I am (also NBN in two weeks, yay). My current connection is 1.5mbps at best.
On a 1TB/month plan, if I downloaded 24/7, I would download a maximum of 700GB. That's right; I couldn't exceed my limit if I tried. If only they'd charge me 70% of the plan considering I can only use 70% of it.

AND THEN they have the nerve to upgrade me to Unlimited downloads! And call me to remind me of this great thing they'd done.

I second the ******* morons bit.

I'd like to time warp past Xmas. We have to drive from Sydney to Hamilton (Victoria) to visit the in laws each year. The Mil (who has dementia... Not the kind where you become nice and sweet but very forgetful.... The kind where you become nasty and spiteful and paranoid, and very forgetful) will spend the entire time abusing the missus for never ringing, despite the fact that she rings every day, and forgetting who everyone is. And complaining that the nurse who comes each day to give her her meds is stealing from her because she can't find anything. And that the gardener is peeping in her windows. And that the Bil's wife hates her and is plotting against her (while said Bil's wife is in the room sitting next to her). And bitching about the food. And about the fact that she saw a Chinese person in town the other day so they are clearly taking over. And...

The BIL will go on endlessly about how great Pauline is and what a fantastic job she is doing keeping the country safe from poofters. All while drinking shitty beer.

Then we have to have the big family conference about whether this is the year when the Mil has to move into a nursing home.

What fun.

Holy shit, what the hell happened to everyone???!!! It's like Depressives Anonymous in here!

I had a really nice dinner with the Mum last night as she's heading to see her cousins in Syd for Xmas (we were invited and it would have been fun, good folk and lots of nice scotch given the family's heritage, but wife is heavy preggers) and dad has gone OS to see the sister and grandkids but left us the keys to stay at his house on the beach over the break. The inlaws that live OS are funny folk but treat me superduper nice and food is ******* nuts and they ply me with rice whiskey every time.

I have some beers getting to the age when I can start trying them, got some new wheels for the bike on the way and work is quiet until I go to India halfway through January for a week of kick arse conferences. This part of the year can't last long enough for me!!

But I digress, this is the grumpy-ass rant thrread. So,

@mtb, yep, I'm in the north and my internet is often around 3mps but has dipped to 0.6 over the last week. To add to that Telstra got in touch to say that they're ending their bundling agreement and charging us an extra $20 a month. Just show me where to throw the Molotov cocktail.....

I have some beers getting to the age when I can start trying them,

See this is where I get grumpy. By the time my good beers have gotten to this stage, too many QA tastings mean there's about 2 or 3 left, if even that many. Currently have 1 of each of my Biere de Garde and Baltic Porter left, right when I stopped testing them about 3 months ago is when they really hit thewir straps.

Holy shit, what the hell happened to everyone???!!! It's like Depressives Anonymous in here!

I had a really nice dinner with the Mum last night as she's heading to see her cousins in Syd for Xmas (we were invited and it would have been fun, good folk and lots of nice scotch given the family's heritage, but wife is heavy preggers) and dad has gone OS to see the sister and grandkids but left us the keys to stay at his house on the beach over the break. The inlaws that live OS are funny folk but treat me superduper nice and food is ******* nuts and they ply me with rice whiskey every time.

I have some beers getting to the age when I can start trying them, got some new wheels for the bike on the way and work is quiet until I go to India halfway through January for a week of kick arse conferences. This part of the year can't last long enough for me!!

But I digress, this is the grumpy-ass rant thrread. So,

@mtb, yep, I'm in the north and my internet is often around 3mps but has dipped to 0.6 over the last week. To add to that Telstra got in touch to say that they're ending their bundling agreement and charging us an extra $20 a month. Just show me where to throw the Molotov cocktail.....

Maybe we can all come to you for Christmas and you can help bring us back into the Christmas spirit :) That would be awesome!

I'd like to time warp past Xmas. We have to drive from Sydney to Hamilton (Victoria) to visit the in laws each year. The Mil (who has dementia... Not the kind where you become nice and sweet but very forgetful.... The kind where you become nasty and spiteful and paranoid, and very forgetful) will spend the entire time abusing the missus for never ringing, despite the fact that she rings every day, and forgetting who everyone is. And complaining that the nurse who comes each day to give her her meds is stealing from her because she can't find anything. And that the gardener is peeping in her windows. And that the Bil's wife hates her and is plotting against her (while said Bil's wife is in the room sitting next to her). And bitching about the food. And about the fact that she saw a Chinese person in town the other day so they are clearly taking over. And...

The BIL will go on endlessly about how great Pauline is and what a fantastic job she is doing keeping the country safe from poofters. All while drinking shitty beer.

Then we have to have the big family conference about whether this is the year when the Mil has to move into a nursing home.

What fun.

Hamilton is such a picturesque town though.

It is... But my brew shed is even more picturesque. I'd much rather spend a week there.

Happy day: the NBN is coming to Kyogle
Leaflet from Telstra promising me 18 Mbps... I really can't wait. That's blindingly fast compared to my current speed on ADSL, isn't it: I mean the figures speak for themselves.

******* morons.

Interesting.

NBN* only supply the following speeds 12/1, 25/2, 50/20 & 100/40....

So if Telstra are only offering 18Mbps it means they know full well that the service wont always provide 25Mbps but will give 18Mbps reliably...so they are really cutting corners. Its easier for them to offer a slower speed on the NBN speed tier than get caught up with the TIO/ACCC and providing the full service speed which they know they cant ( well they can but they dont want to spend the extra $$$ to get their network up to spec with NBN )

* I work for an ISP that provides NBN services..... I know how the fuckers work

It is... But my brew shed is even more picturesque. I'd much rather spend a week there.
I was being sarcastic.

Boring shithole full of teen mums, young kids driving round the block for hours on a wednesday, dull buildings, a shitty pub and a bad Greek restaurant.

Botanical gardens are nice(ish)

I feel your pain.

I get along sensationally with my in laws, especially since they only live about 15ks away and we see them at least 3 times a week... HOWEVER, I too don’t like Christmas Day. My wife’s sister and her drug bag fuckhead husband come down from the Gold Coast for just over a week and cause nothing but trouble for the mother in law. Lazy ******* ***** they are and expect to be waited on hand and foot. **** I hate them!! The other sister and her husband are awesome though. Get along great with them too.

But for the first time in her 39 years my wife will be away from her family for Christmas!! We’re off to Port Stephens on the 22nd, spending 12 nights away in the van with the kids.

Enforced celebration and goodwill is a shit idea. You have a good family, you enjoy spending time, christmas or not. If it doesn’t work for you any other time, why would it now?

i too have a case of the sterotypical MIL. shes the type that has to be centre of attention with regards to anything that is happening, the earth clearly rotates around her, she is always the loudest in the room sqwarking even louder than the kids, always trying to get people who are clearly just relaxing todo the most mundane jobs and tasks when she could clearly do them herself. and basically a nosey old mutt that grinds my (and everyone elses) gears. im the newest to the family, and i get blasted from the missus because i take no shit from the mother in law, where as everyone else just accepts her shit and says, "oh thats just how she is, you just learn to live with it". ******* bullshit, i call her out for what she is everytime, take no prisoners with the old mole.

this year is the FIRST xmas ill be home in my house with my missus and daughter EVER. ive worked the last 5 xmas periods overseas, (work offshore) and i said righto i just want to do xmas morning in our house with the misso and kid.
but no the mole has to try and rope everyone going to her house for breakfast (WTF?) and cant comprehend that ive never experienced xmas with my own family in my own home....needless to say i told her where to go and will be doing as i want. **** your breakfast shit...

she lives 40 mins away but clearly im going to have to increase this distance to 4 hours...

rant over. cheers

Merry Christmas herd of people your fuel is now 20% higher $
and every farkin idiot is being a nuisance in your way so fukin sware at them and all of them!
Chewing up, actually spewing up all of that overpriced fuel stuck in farkin trafic.

Merry xmas though its all about good spirit. I do succumb to good spirit as anyone.

Last edited:
I get along sensationally with my in laws, especially since they only live about 15ks away and we see them at least 3 times a week... HOWEVER, I too don’t like Christmas Day. My wife’s sister and her drug bag fuckhead husband come down from the Gold Coast for just over a week and cause nothing but trouble for the mother in law. Lazy ******* ***** they are and expect to be waited on hand and foot. **** I hate them!! The other sister and her husband are awesome though. Get along great with them too.

But for the first time in her 39 years my wife will be away from her family for Christmas!! We’re off to Port Stephens on the 22nd, spending 12 nights away in the van with the kids.

Welcome to my part of the world. I'm sure you'll love your time up here. We like to keep it a bit of a hidden treasure, as it is about 30 min off the Pacific Highway, so the majority of people pass it by going up or down the Pacific snailway.. By the way, you'll swing past Murrays Brewery on your way in, so make sure you call in there and take the opportunity to stock up your supplies.

Welcome to my part of the world. I'm sure you'll love your time up here. We like to keep it a bit of a hidden treasure, as it is about 30 min off the Pacific Highway, so the majority of people pass it by going up or down the Pacific snailway.. By the way, you'll swing past Murrays Brewery on your way in, so make sure you call in there and take the opportunity to stock up your supplies.

I dunno, seems like the new black with a few folks I know who are looking for a sea change not to far from Sydney, but keen to avoid the robust criminal activity of the central coast. You should probably start being rude to tourists.

Latest posts

Back