Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pissed cashed up Bogans are sh!t things.

Where do they all come from at this time of year - Where do they hide for the rest of the year?

I'm glad it pissed down in a brief but fairly useless storm yesterday afternoon because all the standing moisture is already lending a wonderful gooey, sweltering edge to todays rapidly climbing heat. A heat thats expected to top out at around 43. I'm already guzzling water like I'm at a rave, only with none of the euphoria and sociability associated with empathogens.

Welcome to my part of the world. I'm sure you'll love your time up here. We like to keep it a bit of a hidden treasure, as it is about 30 min off the Pacific Highway, so the majority of people pass it by going up or down the Pacific snailway.. By the way, you'll swing past Murrays Brewery on your way in, so make sure you call in there and take the opportunity to stock up your supplies.

Murray’s Brewery? I’ll be heading there for sure. I’ll look it up when I’m there.

I dunno, seems like the new black with a few folks I know who are looking for a sea change not to far from Sydney, but keen to avoid the robust criminal activity of the central coast. You should probably start being rude to tourists.

Ive been keeping my eye on a few properties up that way if we decide to move interstate. My biggest gripe about NSW though is the shit you have to go through just to go for a hunt!

Since we're on the topic of MILs and turd families..

My MIL has gotten in touch with the ******* child of her ex-husband, who by every indication isn't actually the ex-husband's son and is more likely the son of the guy the ex-husband's mistress cheated on him with. Yes that's right, this kid is a ******* within a *******. Bastardception.
So it's likely this son is in no way related to the MIL - but she's reached out to him over Facebook, invited him to my house for Christmas, along with her terrible self and terrible husband.

And this son is weird. Reached out to my missus, saying he's her long-lost half brother, she figured he must be, not knowing of the deeper bastardry - when she learned of it she suggested a paternity test (surprisingly cheap), he refused but continued to try pushing the relationship. Wifey starts getting a little freaked out - mostly since this guy started messaging her upwards of fifty times a day - and that was five years ago, she hadn't spoken to him since.

Had I known this was coming I would've brewed something MUCH stronger than my usuals for the day. MIL is an alcoholic too, so I'll have to watch my kegs. Ergh.

I just had a similar conversation with someone: I have two sons who aren't likely to reproduce, one brother, one niece and one cousin. My dad was an only child and my mother had one sister who had an only child (my cousin) and I can't imagine what it's like to have a big and complex family and the more I see of the modern dispersed family the more I think I've dodged a bullet or two. All those people whizzing around doing each other down or poking their noses in etc. On the other hand you have a huge support network if you are lucky, or on the other hand a mob of people telling you for your whole life "don't open that business or do that uni course, you're not up to it". Like they say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family. Sounds like a plan to me haha :D

Hey Stu, thanks for that info on NBN speeds, when I get canvassed by various NBN providers - as no doubt I will once Kyogle comes online - I'll use that info to beat them round the ears.

Hey Stu, thanks for that info on NBN speeds, when I get canvassed by various NBN providers - as no doubt I will once Kyogle comes online - I'll use that info to beat them round the ears.

Just get in touch and I will put you onto the sales team....

Small dispersed family here too. Sometimes saddened by that but very rarely when I see many other examples that make me feel lucky.

I know people have many bigger problems but bugger I just split my big toe nail. This is after I washed the blood off. I just did that when the rubbish bin got stuck and nudged it (wearing thongs). Oh that dirty bottom of the bin busted toenail scenario. I clicked it back in place like a broken bone although pitty it wont set like bone. That left quadrant is going to come off sometime down the track...Yay!
Toe nail split1.JPG

Pissed cashed up Bogans are sh!t things.

Where do they all come from at this time of year - Where do they hide for the rest of the year?

west of the dividing range.... harvest season all over. money to burn this time of year. we really need to fill that gap in the wall back up.

Caught the lurgy from hell yesterday flying with wife and bubs to Perth for Xmas.
8 hours of feverish sweating /coughing interspersed by screaming baby. At least bubs lungs are working well.

Latest posts

Back