Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been doing shift work so have to be mindful of drinking and workplace rbt.
This arvo I had a bit of a clean up in the shed and ditched my notes from the beer Advent Calendar the missus gave me....not fuckn happy.
Grrrr. (Dickhead)

When you’re on a 1,000km trip and your air con shits itself with about 250kms to go and you still haven’t gone through Sydney!!! On a 35 degree day! And NO ONE in Sydney can bloody drive properly!

Was pretty happy when we got here, beer was cold so that’s a plus.

Oh, and also when your trying to sit on the speed limit but the wankers all around you sit about 5-10kph under it and they see a speed camera and hit the breaks. What the **** is with that??!!
A bit of Nanny state phobia and revenue phobia and the self awareness of their own incompetence and clueless of speedlimits too probably.

Had a couple of rum balls here, and now that the torture of mall shopping is over:
May your beer be blessed with malty, hoppy goodness and no infection, diacetyl or oxidation.

Last edited:
Continuing rant... . Dickheads who think the whole world revolves around them. It’s not about you stupid it’s about the beer (and the rest of the world!)
Cheers
Elz

Had a couple of rum balls here, and now that the torture of mall shopping is over:
May your beer be blessed with malty, hoppy goodness and no infection, diacetly and oxidation.
In contrary to this thread. My xmas beers this year are the best ever. Nine different types. 4 on tap, 5 Draught bottled. Then Vic Swap meet varieties. So merry very good beer xmas for meee and hope that happiness is in abundance among fellow home brewers.
:overhead:

Last edited:
When you’re on a 1,000km trip and your air con shits itself with about 250kms to go and you still haven’t gone through Sydney!!! On a 35 degree day! And NO ONE in Sydney can bloody drive properly!

Was pretty happy when we got here, beer was cold so that’s a plus.
Look on the bright side could have had major car problems try fixing that at Christmas can still drive without aircon..

“again” Is it a common occurrence and note by a doctor? Are you self diagnosing? If so get proper medical advise and not “dr google”

I been to the doc. Problem is it happens very infrequently (once every 4 to 6 months ) and i dont like taking the prescriptions everyday. If i i anticipate it will roll up i generally take em but last night came a bit out of the blue.

Zantac to get you through the night and chewable quickeze to cover you whilst the Zantac digests.

I ignored it and ended up with ulcers. Chocolate triggers me without fail.

I used to get reflux pretty bad. Lived on a pack and a bit of quikeze a day for a while. Ended up seeing the doc about it and had severe stomach ulcers. I blame the missus and her old girl... anyway, put me on nexium and it’s stopped the reflux but I have to take them often. Used to be one a day for many, many years but now it’s pretty much when I think I’ll need them. Comes on when I’m drinking because of what I eat with it all...

Definitely worth thinking about the food you eat. Its your body disagreeing with something. Sausages?, highly processed foods. Gut health has been lost in mainstream modern diet due to eating dead foods, sterile, no cultures loaded with preservative chemistry.
Don't fear acidic as many people do our gut works in acidics. All live culture foods that are good gut health are all acidic. Its certain chemistry in highly processed food that may get me sometimes. Sausage additives, a list of ingredients with 25 letter names you cant pronounce or identify is all up there.
Unsweetened natural Yoghurt with breakfast and dinner deserts can be a simple preventative as in maintaining good gut health etc.
$0.02

Last edited:
Excessive boozing will hurt me as well, regardless of what I eat with it. Red onion is out as are most Shiraz.

Nexium is great as it manages the mech that creates some of the acids (proton pump inhibitor, but can’t recall the details more than it switches some enzymey thing off) but you have to load and it takes days before it works.

For fast and intermittent relief for when you eat/drink bad stuff, Zantac and quickeze are the ticket. If you gotta take that shit more than once a week, see the doc and get PPIs.

My mum used to work for a belly quack.

Back