Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Politicians are adept at voting themselves pay rises and lucrative retirement packages on the public dime.
Tradey said he would give my mother a discount for cash recently but still continued to "charge her GST"!!!

As the tradie should have, or course..

Any business person who discloses to a customer, essentially a stranger, that he / she is willing to commit fraud against the Commonwealth to provide goods and or services at a discounted rate is a muppet of the highest order.

I get this all the time, 'mate, can you do it for $100 if we knock the tax off?'
'No, but I'll do it for $100, tax inclusive'. Everyone's happy.

So far as I know, you're required by law to provide a receipt for any amount over $75. Unless the customer wishes wave that requirement.
Which cash customers often do. Funny that.

Of course, we're all just being facetious here and having a bit of a giggle. I personally believe the ATO to be a fine body of women and men doing a sterling job and further more and I encourage everybody to pay their just amount. Actually, you should donate your refund to to the government coffers to make up for those scoundrels cheating the system.
So no need for to deploy any bots or track ISPs that find out where folks live and so fourth. Not that you do that kind of thing.

Cash transaction local fruit shop is like that not big on printed receipt not a good fruit shop too expensive more an Asian grocery outlet fruit may just be for show interesting how cheap Asian crap can be so expensive when it gets to Australia.

Just found out the airbags in the car have been trying to kill me.

Honestly, it would probably be safer to be rolling like in the 1970s: no airbags, no seatbelt, just jump out the window onto some soft grass if it looks like you're about to be in an accident.

Cash transaction local fruit shop is like that not big on printed receipt not a good fruit shop too expensive more an Asian grocery outlet fruit may just be for show interesting how cheap Asian crap can be so expensive when it gets to Australia.
I never would have thought of it in quite the manner in which you have expressed it thusly, but had I the necessary eloquence or merely just the sway with my peers, I might have just said 'what the **** is he on about?"

Tradey said he would give my mother a discount for cash recently but still continued to "charge her GST"!!!
Swings both ways, how many customers offer to pay cash for a cheaper price then after the goods or services are completed pay by card. I always put a 10% loading on my invoices when asked for a cheaper price took off 5%, never failed.
I never would have thought of it in quite the manner in which you have expressed it thusly, but had I the necessary eloquence or merely just the sway with my peers, I might have just said 'what the **** is he on about?"
I think he may be talking about the tax being avoided at the Asian fruit/bread/fish and chip/takeaway shops and restaurants along with the employees being paid in cash, I reckon in Glen Waverley and Springvale alone the ATO could recoup far more than they could delving into tradies cash transactions. (Dont know where the crap fruit came into it)
At the end of the day it just isn't worth avoiding tax on a large scale, a little bit here and there is OK but gone are the days where you could splurge the untaxed income on overseas holidays,a luxury car, caravan or boat, all those sorts of things are easily monitored with the ATO.
I miss the Howard years.:(

I think the ATO would be serving the economy better if they target the real Tax Dodgers..

https://www.facebook.com/AWUvictoria/posts/699706020228288

You'd think given Mals background, this kind of thing would be right in his wheelhouse. Aren't we paying more for E bay transactions and the like due to his mate Scott Morrisons 'Google Tax' ?
Has Mal done anything yet? I haven't been paying attention.

Swings both ways, how many customers offer to pay cash for a cheaper price then after the goods or services are completed pay by card. I always put a 10% loading on my invoices when asked for a cheaper price took off 5%, never failed.

I think he may be talking about the tax being avoided at the Asian fruit/bread/fish and chip/takeaway shops and restaurants along with the employees being paid in cash, I reckon in Glen Waverley and Springvale alone the ATO could recoup far more than they could delving into tradies cash transactions. (Dont know where the crap fruit came into it)
At the end of the day it just isn't worth avoiding tax on a large scale, a little bit here and there is OK but gone are the days where you could splurge the untaxed income on overseas holidays,a luxury car, caravan or boat, all those sorts of things are easily monitored with the ATO.
I miss the Howard years.:(

Best (conservative) PM of our generation.

And then drove him to hospital, in a rather nice 351 XA

He should have stole the car also (if matching numbers). Shoot criminals and take their shit.
Choppers business model is solid it has to be said.

You'd think given Mals background, this kind of thing would be right in his wheelhouse. Aren't we paying more for E bay transactions and the like due to his mate Scott Morrisons 'Google Tax' ?
Has Mal done anything yet? I haven't been paying attention.
I paid enough attention to know the ATO has conducted 2 stings on eBay caught a lot and scared a few.

I've been told that the ATO and energy safe Victoria have compared notes before too. In Vic all electrical work needs a certificate of electrical safety to go with it. Otherwise said sparky can get a big fine from energy safe. So the ATO and ESV compare notes to see if the invoices and certificates add up. They are trying to find ways to close the loopholes. And as for a discount for cash on the spot and still charging GST. Absofuckinglootly! Its worth earning a few bucks less to save the hassle of chasing Mavis for the next three months for that $200 dollar invoice as she can't do the internets and doesn't get out to the bank that often to organize a cheque or whatever.

I’m going to say it, get a bit pissed off when persons seek advice, get responses in the form of asking some questions and/or given relevant advice and they don’t acknowledge anything, eg respond to questions or thank for advice.

Back