Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnings now has one of the most quoted ABNs in the country.

“We found out that more than 40 per cent of ABNs quoted in the Northern Territory were Bunnings,

Cleanaway the company running the collection of waste has an interesting history they where listed as Tranpacific a company from Queensland who purchased Cleanaway about 10 years ago and now have changed back to cleanaway a lot of share holder burnt by Transpacific.

Is it just me, or do the ads feel like they're elbowing their way further left?

I’m with you, Brewers Friend ad has reappeared, have lost status report list although turned on and list of who is on line has gone to the bottom of the page. Things are “afoot”

Yep. Absolutely much more intrusive and a couple of the ads have loudly insisted that my tablet install the flash player plugin (which I refuse to do because malware and let's face it flash is so 90s).

There are more ads than actual content on the page now.

Christmas rant time:

Tis the season to get token felicitations from customers and suppliers again. I realize its not practical to personally *phone (*that activity where you have an actual conversation with another human beyond vocal range through an electronic device, or two jam tins connected via piece of string) every associate you can think of, but honestly, you can shove these Xmas seasons greetings e mails up your asshole. I dont expect a bouquet, and I dont want a slab of Tooheys Extra Dry but if thats the best you can do, remove me from the fifty plus list of other recipients your secretary bulk well wished.

I might start a business recycling Christmas e-card waste.

Just forward them to me and for less than a dollar each I will ensure that they do not turn into landfill.

Christmas rant time:

Tis the season to get token felicitations from customers and suppliers again. I realize its not practical to personally *phone (*that activity where you have an actual conversation with another human beyond vocal range through an electronic device, or two jam tins connected via piece of string) every associate you can think of, but honestly, you can shove these Xmas seasons greetings e mails up your asshole. I dont expect a bouquet, and I dont want a slab of Tooheys Extra Dry but if thats the best you can do, remove me from the fifty plus list of other recipients your secretary bulk well wished.

Mate..its great beer...you will love it, something special for Xmas

....now if the offered a case on Coopers Vintage......weeellllll......

I might start a business recycling Christmas e-card waste.

Just forward them to me and for less than a dollar each I will ensure that they do not turn into landfill.

Solutions to problems that don't exist in conjunction with a Pateron account will be huge in 2018 I predict.

Mate..its great beer...you will love it, something special for Xmas

....now if the offered a case on Coopers Vintage......weeellllll......

Ive caught a couple of reps out when they made the innocent mistake of asking ' so whaddya like to drink?' - Well now..

Ive caught a couple of reps out when they made the innocent mistake of asking ' so whaddya like to drink?' - Well now..

Funny how that works...

Tool rep pulls up on site

"Can I show you all our cool tools"
Sure you can...( nothing better than 30mins in the (Snap-on) travelling salesman's crusty van)
"Mate...this thing is awesome"
Yeah right...been using "this" for 10yrs and still havent broken it.
"If you want I can give you the next size down to try it out"

Still got that screwdriver...and yes...its pretty damn good

Feel like there's just so many things to rant about, but I just can't do it.
My Brother gave me an "old man alert" for a comment I made earlier today and it's made me think I'm a whinging prick.
It's true, the older I've got the more things piss me off.

It's not how man or what things that piss you off that change with age but how you respond to frustration.

Patience is a virtue, the importance of being virtuous is correlative to your time spent on earth. The longer you've been here the less being virtuous seems to matter.

Friday beer makes me philosophologicolistic.

The longer you've been here the less being virtuous seems to matter.
So what I read from that is.. old people don't give a shit. And there's a good reason for it.. they gave away all their shits already.
I, for one, have given all my shits early so now at the ripe old age of 28 I can happily say I couldn't care less! That deserves a* beer.

*another

Grumpy people give a shit and wish they didn't.
Only the truly enlightened couldn't give a rat's arsehole in springtime

-Buddha (as he was getting on a bit)

Feel like there's just so many things to rant about, but I just can't do it.
My Brother gave me an "old man alert" for a comment I made earlier today and it's made me think I'm a whinging prick.
It's true, the older I've got the more things piss me off.

That’s just experience surely!

Just posted in the "Continuing Happiness" thread, so will balance it out here.

******* work Christmas parties. What a load of ******* bullshit. This is a busy time of year and my management continually pile more and more work and want everything done before the end of year but then throw, awards events, and at least three Christmas parties each for a different level, team, department, bigger department.

What shits me even more, is that these events you have to RSVP too, but they are mandatory. You are expected to attend and have fun. And because we need to be entertained, they make them "fun" The one we attended the other day was "90's trivia and bingo" Get fucked!

And the beer is always shit. And one of them it was warm. And shit.

**** off and let me pretend to work.

Back