Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bribie G, 14/2/14.

1. wynnum1

Posted 6/12/17
    If climate change is real go to Canada and buy a shit load of land its cold very cold and can only improve with climate change.

2. Ducatiboy stu

Annoying the internet owners since 2017..shit...m

Posted 6/12/17
    It probably already is

JJJ was good back in day

3. SeeFar

Punk
    Posted 6/12/17
    TripleJ sucks now that I'm in my 40s. Was excellent back in the 80/90s.

But DoubleJ is back and is pretty dang good, much more like the JJJ/JJ of old. However it's only digital so you need wifi, 4G or your DigiTV to hear it.

4. Dave70

Le roi est mort..

Posted 6/12/17
    Dam right it was.

Sounds good in theory, the only problem I can see is the Canucks may not be so welcoming toward their 230 million odd southern neighbors looking for a sea change (literally) after much of their coastline becomes flood plain and seawater turns the fertile bayou irrigated farmland to salted earth. I thing we need to begin constructing boats roughly the size of Tasmania, post haste.

manticle likes this.
  5. BrockHops

Mechanic
    Posted 6/12/17
    I said that.
    I was asking if that was the alternative to the govt funded JJJ.
    For the record Dave, I really do like your work, I was just sticking up for us "lefties" who like to listen to something else, and I hear it all the time, just because you may have some compassion, you automatically get labelled as some kind of bleeding heart!
    I'm sick of it!
    I don't bury my head in the sand of one particular opinion, I think having commentary from all angles is healthy, albiet annoying.
    Anyway, I've waffled on enough.
    Beer.

6. Kumamoto_Ken

Posted 6/12/17
    Reminds me a little of an old favourite quote from the early days of King of the Hill. Loved that show back in the day. I'm not sure anyone else did....goddamn twig-boys!

Dale Gribble:
    [regarding global warming] I say let the world warm up, see what Boutros Boutros-Ghali-Ghali thinks about that! We'll grow oranges in Alaska.

Hank Hill:
    Dale, you giblet-head, we live in Texas. It's already a hundred and ten in the summer, and if it gets one degree hotter, I'm gonna kick your ass!

7. Rocker1986

Posted 6/12/17
    I lean towards the left on most issues but I do find a difference between having a bit of compassion and being a bleeding heart do gooder. I feel the far left are just as stupid as the far right and they are responsible for all the PC bullshit that exists these days. You can't say this that or the other thing anymore because it might offend 0.1% of the population? Fuck off and grow a pair (not you personally, just the idiots who promote this nonsense).

8. Bridgey23

Posted 6/12/17
    I used to lean left on most things. The far left have gone completely loopy and I can't support the way they go about things. The older I've got the more right I seem to lean.

madpierre06 likes this.
  9. wide eyed and legless

10. madpierre06

Posted 6/12/17
    razz likes this.
  11. Dave70

Le roi est mort..

Posted 6/12/17
    Wasn't having a bite at you there, though I may have come of sounding like it. Put it this way, I'd sooner be addressing my fellows as 'comrade' if the likes of Cory Bernadi and Pauline Hanson are considered flag bearers for Australian conservatism. Got no truck with those loony fuckers.

RdeVjun likes this.
  12. SeeFar

Punk
    Posted 6/12/17
    The far left have always been loony though; Stalin, Mao, Kims, Chavez, etc. Since when were the net outcomes of anything they did ever positive for their country folk?

The new left are more social left than the economic left of old but their intensity results in similar kinds of intolerance and constraints on behaviour.

Extremes in any direction will always lead to abusive behaviour and intolerance of difference. Another reason why ideology - the behaviour of thinking you have all the answers before you know the problem - is quite often the answer to very little of life's real problems.

wereprawn likes this.
  13. Ducatiboy stu

Posted 6/12/17
    Lucky that there is no ideology in current politics

14. SeeFar

Punk
    Posted 6/12/17
    Yeah, then we'd all be fucked.

15. Danscraftbeer

Posted 6/12/17
    and I wonder if the looney lefties have enough brain cells to realise their often ridiculous and hypocritical behaviour actually pushes people towards the right.

wereprawn likes this.
  16. Ducatiboy stu

Posted 6/12/17
    And its the Ultra right that pushes people left....funny how that works

spog and Rocker1986 like this.
  17. spog

The Odd Drop Brewery

Home Page:
    Posted 7/12/17
    Add Kingswood Country to that...”money on the fridge wog”.
    That’d get the spineless easily offended attention seeking Facebook warriors squealing like stuck pigs.
    I’m sure I’ve missed a lot of other descriptive terms...pfft who’s got time to list em, the useless bunch of gutle......

18. Dave70

Le roi est mort..

Posted 8/12/17 at 4:34 AM
    knot_gillty and spog like this.
  19. warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried. Administrator

HUB Club Member
    Home Page:
    Posted 8/12/17 at 4:59 AM
    And here I was, all those years later, still believing the GST would fix this issue, because allegedly once the black economy $$$ were spent, they would attract the 10% GST.
    Kerry Packer got it right all those years ago when he told the Canberra clowns that they weren't very good at looking after our money, so why give them more than is absolutely necessary?
    A request such as this is an admission by the Canberra boffins they have been outsmarted, outflanked, and outwitted by the general population. Rather than coming down on poor consumers looking to save $10 or $20 on a repair bill, they'd do better going after the big end of town, particularly the foreign companies who avoid $$$billions in tax through offshore movements and foreign transfers etc. Even that stinking Holden (amongst a gazillion of others) was into it by sending $$$billions to countries such as Thailand for massively overpriced parts and spares to make movement of local earnings offshore look legitimate, and so reduce their local tax bill.

Last edited: 8/12/17 at 8:52 AM
    Bridgey23, Grott and Dave70 like this.
  20. madpierre06

Posted 8/12/17 at 5:12 AM
    So, what happens to the dollars which we naively expect govts to manage? They financially penalise those who want to raise their children themselves, forcing them onto newstart and other govt programs...only govt accredited child care centres who need your dfollars, which you are forced to donate to, are capable of raising your children. If you take up that 2nd (casual/part time) job which is still unlikely to get you to that magical/mirage-like 38/week figure, needed to make ends meet, you get taxed extra....and so on.