Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago my wife was in the middle getting dinner ready for 5 kids. Mormons came knocking and asked if she had a few minutes to chat.
She said only if they helped get dinner ready...so she put them to work peeling and cutting veggies.

When they were done she said she really didn't have time to sit down for a chat...thanks them for their help and ushered them out the door..

True story.

Many years ago my wife was in the middle getting dinner ready for 5 kids. Mormons came knocking and asked if she had a few minutes to chat.
She said only if they helped get dinner ready...so she put them to work peeling and cutting veggies.

When they were done she said she really didn't have time to sit down for a chat...thanks them for their help and ushered them out the door..

True story.
That is fantastic.

I remember one day when my dad was working on the tractor, covered in grease, the came to the farm and asked the usual " Can we help.."

He just pointed at the tractor half pulled apart and said " sure"

They didnt stay long

Answer the door in your underwear. They don’t tend to come back.

Or, if you’re round a mates place and your mate is gone, answer the door, invite them in, have a long impassioned talk about God and how you wish you could find people as passionate about God as you are, buy a bunch of their books (the art is actually weirdly compelling), tell them you hope to see them again, and sit back and watch the fun as your mate gets a chance to know God. I didn’t tell him ‘til about ten years later.

Had to work late last night so I couldn’t get up early to watch the pommy football then when I did get up I had to have breakfast, have a shower and return back to work. While at work I missed a ripper UFC card the V8’s and I am currently missing the A-League and and rugby league World Cup.
Worst of all I am sober!!

Anti-vaxxers. ******* nutjobs, some of them. Just had another interesting debate with my aunt - who thankfully I don't see often - about vaccination. I didn't allow her nor her children near my newborn daughter until she'd had her shots because her family isn't vaxxed at all. I guess it's still a sore point for her.. Not that I care.

The wife is often embroiled in debates about the topic because she works in medical research. By now I'd say responding to these ass hats is muscle memory for her.

What gets me is how someone can be so deluded to believe that such a conspiracy could actually occur in the real world. Tens of thousands of medical researchers, scientists etc spending their lives dedicated to furthering mankind.. And some ignorant dipstick with a loud mouth and a Facebook account feels the need to shit on their work by claiming it's a lie.

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda agree there but sometimes unfortunately things pop up later to show they really didn't get it right either.
I never get around to flu vaccines and never get the flu. Been exposed to people who have the flu who did get the vaccine. I know of other blokes who never get the vaccine and their wife does. Their wife gets the flu, they dont etc.
Listening to some recent discussion on this science is often they cant make it fast enough before flu viruses mutate to something else and the vaccine is useless. Then again is it harmless with no side effects at all?
I say modern diet lacking natural chemistry and certain modern lifestyle tries to eliminate the use or development of an individuals natural immune system. That's why new age sicknesses keep developing instead because peoples natural immune systems don't squash the viruses and so the viruses get the advantage to mutate and develop amongst a huge population of people with under developed immune systems.
This is also a modern science study.
:question:
I'm not anti vax though and believing its some kind of lie or conspiracy or against some god belief is nutty.

Last edited:
Answer the door in your underwear. They don’t tend to come back.

According to family legend (and I believe it) my father-in-law answered the door completely starkers a couple of times when he saw them approaching. He's pretty comfortable in his own skin, which is generally a good thing, he's lived a good life though the big fella and has the bod to prove it...those Jehova's Witnesses wouldn't have known where to look.

The anti vax idiots just keep spouting the same old "it causes autism" bullshit, even though it's been disproved a million times and was admitted to have been made up in the first place. How dumb can you be?

Someone added me to this Facebook group ages ago, but I only recently started getting notifications from it. They're a bunch of tin foil hat dickheads, some of the delusional nonsense they believe is quite astounding, as well as amusing.

Have you seen any of the Flat Earth people? I recommend not to look it up. Its not amusing.
Its disturbing to know that people like that are among us.:eek:

Yeah anti - vaxxers have got it wrong it may cause a lot of problems but hey who cares if the vaccine has formaldehyde and aluminium salts and mercury these are ok to inject into your body aren't they . These vaccines only prevent three or four of the diseases and it is only good for 12mths and who cares if your body doesn't build up any immunity against these diseases that aren't protected by the vaccines . Who cares if people get brain injuries from these poisons these vaccines are safe they must be otherwise the government would not allow it right . Yeah can you tell me why a new born baby has to have a hep B injection oh that is right just in case they get it . Get it from who it can only be transferred by blood or needles so who is sticking these newborns with dirty needles. You see I was never vaccinated I rarely get sick sure I had the mumps ,measles and chickenpox when I was a kid and as I said to my doctor if everyone was as healthy as me you would not have a job .So that is why these pharmaceutical companies produce vaccines to keep doctors employed and make billions of dollars for themselves and the government . Oh that's right we as tax payers have to pay for it and it costs me 1000's of dollars a year to belong to a health insurance provider because people are to eager to protect their immune system with vaccines . Please before you jump on anti vaxxers have a look at what chemicals these companies use in vaccines ask the doctors what chemicals do these vaccines have in them to preserve them and guess what they don't know or they do and will not tell you . Yeah that's right go look up formaldehyde and what it does oh and mercury oh yeah don't forget aluminium salts and tell me it is safe to take .So yeah what do anti - vaxxers know about health and well being

A good friend of mine is an anti-vaxer. She doesn't trust doctors, but doses her young son up on handfuls of 'natural medicines'. Has also hinted that the Port Arthur massacre could have been a government plot to disarm the population and as soon as 9/11 happened, she was calling it a conspiracy. She's also pretty sceptical about the Yanks landing on the moon.

Other than all that, she's awesome.

Back