Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with your previous comment the gay couple should have just given a bit of verbal and moved on, as for the churches I believe that they will be able to refuse to perform the matrimonial ceremony, but it is going to be interesting to observe if the HRC pulls its head in, or whether it will challenge the churches right of refusal.
As with the gay couple and the cake, it was it was the CRC which took on the case on behalf of the said couple.
Or give them the full matrimonial ceremony the long boring one including the part about homosexuals going to hell.

Under Kevin Rudd's NBN plan it would have been fully finished by the day they got voted out so it seems his plan had some slight problems also how many households have landline phone service mobile is getting cheap so NBN to homes is obsolete.
The issue for some(elderly/disabled medic alert systems) is the emergency service attached to POTS (plain old telephone system), won't work under NBN, in urban Australia this is an essential for those still living without full time carers, and a situation largely yet to be resolved.

Or give them the full matrimonial ceremony the long boring one including the part about homosexuals going to hell.

Word to the wise (all you single gay brewers out there). Be sure in between fussing over the flowers and seating arrangements to run an eye over the marriage vows. My wife skillfully edited the 'and to obey till death do us part' out. By the time I knew what was happening, it was a done deal.

Last edited:
The issue for some(elderly/disabled medic alert systems) is the emergency service attached to POTS (plain old telephone system), won't work under NBN, in urban Australia this is an essential for those still living without full time carers, and a situation largely yet to be resolved.

And I believe can also be an issue with emergency phones in lifts

Halloween Ignorant
Is me.
Oh,, kids! monsters, sorry I didnt know twas today bla. Got no lollies. Um, argh, Fresh green vegatables?
Nahhhh!!!

Neither. Nor do the joho's or "vote no" advocates. I love it

I still get the odd Religion sales people who ignore my Warning sign.
DNK-sticker-226x300.png

Should it really have to include selling religion?
Still I just say nah I'm good, and shut the door.

Yeah I have to agree. Cant put up that sign. Then again, that may not be a bad idea.
Then again that sign I posted above is only 80X120mm. Near the doorbell button.
I'm trying to think of some kind of larger modified version.

Yeah I have to agree. Cant put up that sign. Then again, that may not be a bad idea.
Then again that sign I posted above is only 80X120mm. Near the doorbell button.
I'm trying to think of some kind of larger modified version.

Have it made into a coat for your new Rottweiler... you’ll need at least size 9 or 10 font to give the zealots a chance to read it.

I deal with Joh Witnesses by mentioning I shoot every 3rd one, and the 2nd one just left.
Seriously, I now engage them in a religious debate. As a confirmed Presbyterian I'm studied enough in the bible to get my point across. And having spent years during my working career arguing and negotiating with lawyers I've well learned how to debate like a Röttweiler.

I use to live in a moderate crime area. After the second burglary, I did something about it.
In actual fact, this dog was a giant sook and about as savage as a stuffed toy. But all of a sudden, trick or treating, selling us raffle tickets, cleaning products, and god must have been to much bother.
'Yeah mate, he gets a bit funny with strangers sometimes, you can just pop that Watchtower in the letter box if you like'. Bless em..

38fd8604-d9c5-4160-89e2-5fb6035e3bc8_zps862ae75a.jpg

Funny thing about the bible is it is not about god and sinners it's about ................ well you will have to read it but don't look at the face value of it dig a little deeper .

Funny thing about the bible is it is not about god and sinners it's about ................ well you will have to read it but don't look at the face value of it dig a little deeper .
Ignorance is bliss.

Latest posts

Back