Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the treasurer for my church.
We are due to lodge the latest BAS return by the end of next week.
Our form has got lost.
Phone call to the Tax Office yesterday went along these lines:
"Please send us a new form".
I don't have you on our record as an "authorised person" so we can't talk to you about it.
But I'm only making a simple request for a form to be sent out.
We can only talk to the authorised person.
Well, who is the authorised person?
We can't tell you that because you are not the authorised person.
What, even though my name is on the last 4 plus year's forms with my signature? OK, is it xxx xxxxx the previous treasurer?
We don't have a record for that name.
Well, in that case, if it is the person before that, we have a problem because we'd have to dig her up from 6 feet under, and she won't talk to me or you.
I'm not going to argue with you today.
Just send us the form, please.
We can't do that because you are not the authorised person.
Well, thank you, I'm so pleased you are from the Government and you are here to help us. Thank you and goodbye.

Airgead said:
I prefer to think of myself as mature. Also known as - "no longer young and stupid". But yes kids. And a city boy.
I know, im still young and stupid.

Thought i'd get a few more biting over that one though :p

I went to Wamoon primary school and did school swimming at Whitton pool. We also shared excursions.

lukiferj said:
A church that pays tax?
Yes, we do. We pay PAYG tax on the stipends and cleaner's wages, and also on non-exempt GST items. I send them a payment with every BAS return.

PS: Original post edited, as it was posted before it was complete

shaunous said:
Your old with kids and a city boy aint ya... I studied wine science and travelled around drinking a fair bit of it, yes this doesnt make my taste buds any better than the next man, or any good at all, but you can deff get good cheap wine. Most people seem to think if it isnt over $25 it must be shit, well no. (I'll find some current examples if i can be fuked, but i rarely drink wine anymore as my missus has swapped it for cider, and drinking wine on your own makes u feel like a dirty wineO) I love homebrew and my kegs, but really, its not worth the hassle dragging them around everywhere half the time. p.s. I do not condone drinking and hunting.
I'm 38, no kids, live in the city.
Might surprise you that there's a good portion of what you say that I agree with in this instance.
I'll expand when I'm not on a phone but it's mostly shit I've said before.

Tailgaters get right up my nose. I flick on and off my park lights to give the effect of braking from looking behind me for the tailgater. If they are still up my ass, as in I can see their mirrors, I momentarily brake and see if they get the idea. If not, well a harder brake for longer makes them change lanes as they should of done ages ago.

Normally they pass and I observe some neanderthal sticker on their rear window like "Justify your existence".

Pffftt.

Liam_snorkel said:
Coolabah fresh dry white... AKA "da lady in da boat"
Is that your pillow? The bladder from the cask?

:chug: :p

I
Cube said:
Tailgaters get right up my nose. I flick on and off my park lights to give the effect of braking from looking behind me for the tailgater. If they are still up my ass, as in I can see their mirrors, I momentarily brake and see if they get the idea. If not, well a harder brake for longer makes them change lanes as they should of done ages ago.

Normally they pass and I observe some neanderthal sticker on their rear window like "Justify your existence".

Pffftt.
if there was room in the left lane for them to pass, why weren't you in it?

Back