Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went to fire up my fermenting fridge and it's tripping the circuit. Spewing. Oh well, had good mileage, considering she's about 50 years old.

Got made redundant last November...First time out of work...Eventually swallowed my pride and applied for the dole recently as I had to put food on my boys plates and pay a mortgage. Sat their going through all my forms and the woman said do you have a current work phone number? WTF!! I nearly choked right there on the spot. I looked at her expecting her to start laughing....you know some sort of twisted Centrelink "in" joke. Ended up the computer said no because my wifes part time wage (that's not enough to pay our mortgage) is more that we are allowed so im not eligible to claim the $240 a week dole. I walked out. The first time in 20 years ive asked this country for help and this was what happened. ******* disgusted.

Steve,

very sorry to here of your plight. That's a tough position to be in. I hope your Bank can give you some leeway in the coming months until you get back into the workforce. As for Centrelink.... PPPPPHHHHTTTTHTHTHTTT!!! (that's meant to represent a lot of spittle)

All the best - Snow.

Yep, our dole seems to be reserved for the completely useless. And Canberra is a shithole for finding work. Heart goes out to you mate. Hope you find your feet quickly.

The dole is a very sobering thing. Had to go on it ( still on it ) so I know exactly where you're coming from. Worked nearly 25yrs without a break...made redundant.....its fucked, and it's a cruel hard world. They make you feel like shit, what's worse is they send you off to a "job provider". The whole thing is a sad joke. They treat you no different than some dole bludger of 20 yrs.

Thanks guys. We'll get by. We always do somehow. We've been through worse..... I don't want to sound like a smart arse or some posh well off git (because we're far from it) but ive never felt so humiliated in my life. Sitting there patiently waiting for my number to be called to be told (by some clueless bitch who asked me for a current work phone number) that I am not eligible to receive their measily hand out. NOT ******* eligible! Since I arrived in this country in 1992 I have paid my taxes without fail, without any complaints, without a worry. I have a mortgage and four kids to feed and you're saying im not ******* eligible for help when I need it?. ******* bollocks that's what it is. No wonder so many people rort the system. Cunst

If you are a single income family, look into family tax benefits. We didn't even consider it when we started our family and I was doing an apprenticeship. Let's just say its worth checking out mate.

Times certainly are very tough. We've had three rounds of lay offs company wide over the last 12 months across all of our branches in Vic and Tas and we went to 9 day fortnights for 6 months.
I've lost an office guy, a mechanic and recently a yardie driver. We've gone from 8 staff down to 4 (Another mechanic left and they didn't replace him) The company has also started shutting down some country branches as well.

Not good and it just makes staff morale very poor as people are worried if they are going to be next.

And dont get me started on Kiwi's taking all the mine jobs in WA because their Cuzzy Bro somehow got a boss position.

I apologise in advance to any kiwi's here, but fark me, its a joke.

shaunous said:
And dont get me started on Kiwi's taking all the mine jobs in WA because their Cuzzy Bro somehow got a boss position.

I apologise in advance to any kiwi's here, but fark me, its a joke.
The mines have bouncers and a rugby team? Interesting.

On another note, The ******* clutch on my Hi-Lux is beginning to go south at a mere 28,000 clicks. I blame my aggressive driving style Toyota's fag like dual mass flywheel setup.
Its a ******* light truck and the pedal pressure is less than my missus Subaru.

Yeh right arm, left shoulder ya hilux.

Aint what they used to be, thats fo sho...

They really need to put skinnier tyres on them from new, them standard hilux tyres these days are just way to wide :huh:

Went to the Mordialloc festival on the weekend and came across that old species lineus delayus.

Standing in line for 10 mins waiting to order some food. The missus and I had decided what we wanted and how much it was going to cost. But the dickhead in front of us gets to the counter and then looks at the menu board and says, "Does that come with cheese?" (Yes it says there, WITH CHEESE) "Umm how big are they? (Youve seen people walk past with their serves for the last ten minutes so you should know how big they are.) "How much do they cost?" (Same again its written there in black and white dickhead)

Then he calls out to his missus, "Hunny..HUNNY..Which one do you want?" "Umm Im not sure let me see what they have", is her reply. It was at this point that i just walked forward and stood next to them and said "Ill have 2 originals thanks and handed over my $20.

You see this all the time and its what makes people have to stand in lines for so long. Idiots who have had all this time to work out what they want but when they get served dont give a stuff that they are holding up the line because they havent decided what they want yet.

I get irked by people who suddenly stop walking in shopping centre thoroughfares. You wouldn't do it on the freeway but its alright when you see a special on cargo pants. (Sometimes I tail end them to prove a point)

Truman said:
Then he calls out to his missus, "Hunny..HUNNY..Which one do you want?" "Umm Im not sure let me see what they have", is her reply. It was at this point that i just walked forward and stood next to them and said "Ill have 2 originals thanks and handed over my $20.
I'll bet somewhere in facebook / twitter / blogger land, someone is relaying their experience with a gruff, pushy impatient man at the Mordialloc festival.

Camo6 said:
I get irked by people who suddenly stop walking in shopping centre thoroughfares. You wouldn't do it on the freeway but its alright when you see a special on cargo pants. (Sometimes I tail end them to prove a point)
I also do this, and another good one is when your walking in a straight line in a shopping centre of shop front footpath and someone coming the other way isnt looking straight ahead and is zig zagging looking at shops, just walking into them and dropping the shoulder gets a great laugh, once they've figured out what happended and where the hell they are, they always apologise because they know they are in the wrong.

Dave70 said:
I'll bet somewhere in facebook / twitter / blogger land, someone is relaying their experience with a gruff, pushy impatient man at the Mordialloc festival.
I was far from gruff and pushy let alone impatient. And the line of people behind me were all getting just as frustrated as I was about this guys total disregard for the people he was holding up with his inability to decide what he wanted in the ten minutes or more he was standing in line.
Not to mention when I stepped beside him the girl behind the counter was more than happy to serve me while this idiot stood there deciding what he wanted.

Camo6 said:
Or a group of them stop dead in the middle to chat blocking the whole thoroughfare. Or when people step off an escalator and stop dead to get something out of their trolley, babys pram etc and people are piling up trying to get off the escalator.

Latest posts

Back