Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My God. The built in game on the Sega Master System? Didn't they stop working when analog turned off? Noice. I played Rastan for hours on that thing.

My 5 year old son has made a huge effort to stop sucking his thumb when he sleeps and gave up his comfort blanket because he told us that's why he does it. Pretty bold thing for a little kid to do. As a reward he got to watch me play it (on the Wii, virtual console). He's banned from games for the week due to bad behaviour.
Surreal stuff playing 8 bit games with my boy when I was playing that very game when I was only a fraction older than him.

I wish I'd kept all my consoles but all I've left is the ps3 and an xbox with a dodgy disc driver. I lent my n64 and a box of games to a mate but they were lost in a fire. Tears were shed.

My mums birthday yesterday. 82 and recovering from a knee replacement, plus her sister died on her birthday last year. Anyway, last night my 9 year old stays up, pick up the phone and calls her back in the U.K., sings her happy birthday. No one asked him to. Made her day. So proud of the little Man.

(Edit: Can't spell)

I'm gonna make it a tiny bit more general: someone to love*, something to do, something to hope for.

* could be an animal, but easy on the errr...heavy breathing love...

Hot summer day.... Walk in the park with the two little ones. Watching kookaburras, ducks & butterflies. Letting the children just run around the trees and talk non-stop about whatever they were interacting with.

Coming home and having purple icy poles on the verandah.

Happiness without even a summer quaffer in sight.

continuing happiness today, going on the annual toy ride (motorbikes) donating a couple of christmas presents for kids in need, hopefully it makes a little difference on christmas day

Good stuff mate, I love the Christmas spirit, this is ther first year in a few where I'm a little bit more flush. This the Kmart Christmas tree should get a look in.

Being bad daddy, making French toast with sherbet for breakfast while my daughter dances around in her ball gown singing, "I'm the bacon princess!"

Bloody good having a nice family roast dinner on a sunday afternoon, lamb was the meat, jokes flowing, nan repeating herself for the 10th time. Grandad rocking the old man jokes/puns, and couple of homebrews before sharing some wine.

Sometimes the simplest times are the best :)

My Mum is visiting from the States and it's nearly 3 years since we've seen each other. The other night she was sitting in the kitchen and she said, "This is perfect, everything is right. I'm sitting in my son's kitchen, talking to him about just normal things rather than catching up, drinking a beer he made."

I did not read the whole thread, but the secret to continuing happiness (according to another member of this forum):

If it flies, floats or fornicates.......rent it

Probably one of the best lines I've heard in a long time.

Rent it? Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier. I signed a life long lease without reading the fine print...

Now you got me thinking of a young Connie Booth. Mmmmmmmmmmm

We may have put the nose on... And the hat.

But she does have a wart.

Latest posts

Back