Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happiness is; heading up to the snow mid-week..

Good season so far for snow, mid week everything is cheaper and now that school holidays are finished should be reasonably quiet..

So lucky living in Melbourne, pretty much anything is manageable, even a day trip to the snow. :)

Months ago my wife left $100 on the self serve checkout when she got some cash out. Some prick picked up the cash immediately after and took off with it. She went back to see if anyone handed it in and no luck. The cops checked out the video, said they'd get back to her, and it was left there.
Yesterday they called her up and said they'd found him. He was brought it, interviewed, and given a fine. Tried to do a whole sob story and offer the cash, but the cops saw through it. They can't accept it anyway.
Justice was done. Still $100 out of pocket at this stage, but at least he'll be more out of pocket than us. And next time, he might think twice before taking off with someone else's money who really needs it.

Having the daughter ask for dad to come to the magic pudding play instead of the usual mom. This also may end up in the rant thread come Thursday night but fingers crossed...

Sunday morning, beautiful weather, rack of ribs in the smoker and waiting for mates to turn up for the beers to start flowing.

bak said:
Sunday morning, beautiful weather, rack of ribs in the smoker and waiting for mates to turn up for the beers to start flowing.

And the happiness continued. The ribs were awesome and the day progressed with a few pints of ESB, RYE IPA, LCBA, Chocolate Coffee Porter and by 3pm we were into the single malts. Time for a sleep :)

i-a-n said:
But why are they so expensive for mostly bone.
depends where you buy them from. Actually got these from Costco and were a lot bigger and a lot more meat than I've been able to purchase before. To be honest it was the only reason I was interested in going to Costco but will be going back for more.

hapiness is being stuck on a plane in 11km height and still being able to access AHB over wifi.

Found a new brew shop with good grain prices and freight, had a good chat to Martin yesterday, got some tips and tricks, loverly bloke.

I'll finally be putting AG down again in the near future.

In the mean time my home malting is doing well, will be drying in 24-48 hours. And brewing a few days after that. I'm hoping the weather holds to dry outside in the sun.

Cheers

Just decided to put a 6% golden ale back into the keezer..

It was banished to the depths of the garage two months ago when I contemplated feeding it to the lawn. (Late hopped heavy with Nelson Sauvin).

Poured off the sediment and then a 1/4 pint, just for a taste...

Holy wow, that beer is now glorious. Creamy, smooth, balanced, great thick head... Definately worth a pint...

Happy.

Took Friday off and returned Monday from a camping trip. It was at a caravan park so wasn't 'whole hog' camping but still managed a few meals in the camp oven, kept the kids busy in the water and managed to polish off more than enough beers. The kickers -

* Went to the bottleshop looking for XXXX Bitters or a pilsner. $52 for the slab of the bitters, but $30 (thirty Australian dollars) for a slab of Pilsner Urquell. Sold.
* Put $2 in a pinball machine for old school kicks which it didn't accept. Reached in the return slot and pulled out $4. Hell yeah.

Meanwhile campfire, smokey flavour, sunset on the river, hanging around talking shit... scarcely a better time spent outside the brewery. Must do it more often.

Bribie G said:
I am visited every afternoon by a mated pair of Kurrawongs. They haven't been seen in Old Bar for years, a sure sign of a cold winter as they have moved down from the hills.

Along with the Kookaburras, Spangled Drongoes, Magpies, Cukoo Shrikes, Pied Butcher Birds, and Peewees (actually Magpie Larks, referred to in Victoria as Mudlarks) I feed them on Coles $5 mince.

I often wonder what Coles $5 mince tastes like.
Bribie sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't think mince is great for birds. We get lets of Kookaburras and the mrs was feeding them mince, they shat everywhere and kept coming back all the time. I liked having them around but I didn't like the shit everywhere so I looked up what to feed them so they didn't shit everywhere. I seem to remember reading mince = bad. Gets stuck in their beaks, can go rotten and kill them or something...

Latest posts

Back