Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am visited every afternoon by a mated pair of Kurrawongs. They haven't been seen in Old Bar for years, a sure sign of a cold winter as they have moved down from the hills.

Along with the Kookaburras, Spangled Drongoes, Magpies, Cukoo Shrikes, Pied Butcher Birds, and Peewees (actually Magpie Larks, referred to in Victoria as Mudlarks) I feed them on Coles $5 mince.

I often wonder what Coles $5 mince tastes like.

I think thats why it would be continuing happiness, forget the shit days, forget the good days, just be.

Bribie G said:
I often wonder what Coles $5 mince tastes like.
Same as Coles $10 mince. You just pay more for the privilege..

Must be disappointing for a cow to have a calf that turns out to be a $5 mince cow. Such hopes, initially.

Happiness is coming home from a shit day at work to this little idiot's smiling face, it never fails to instantly make everything better.

IMG_20140322_125338_660.jpg

The cheaper more fatty mince is better I reckon, not as dry. I like fat though, none of this low fat bullshit for me.

Happiness for me at the moment is getting through my rehab excercises, and knowing I'm closer to the end than the start. I'm even looking forward to going back to work.

Good coffee in the morning and good beer at night. The rest is out of my control.

Bribie G said:
I am visited every afternoon by a mated pair of Kurrawongs. They haven't been seen in Old Bar for years, a sure sign of a cold winter as they have moved down from the hills.
Kurrawong song makes my heart sing along. One of the most beautiful birds in this country, I reckon.

Mardoo said:
Kurrawong song makes my heart sing along. One of the most beautiful birds in this country, I reckon.
My wife doesn't quite get why I like them so much. Sure, she admits they sound nice, but I'm more than happy to forget where I was going and just stand and listen for a while.

First came across these birds while doing treks through the Alps, now we've got some living near our house in the 'burbs.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens..

Mardoo said:
I admit I also have an interest in the Currawong.

Where i haved lived previously they were very elusive and seasonal. Only to be seen in afternoon when other birds would breifly leave their nests and young for a feed. You could count on the currawong to be waiting for this moment, for this is when they dine too,on the chicks of other birds. In all those years I never got an un-obscured sight of them.

So I was very surprised about two years ago when one came and sat with me at smoko at work. I have since seen him on a number of occassions around work.2.jpg1.jpg

Back