Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eagleburger said:
Where i haved lived previously they were very elusive and seasonal. Only to be seen in afternoon when other birds would breifly leave their nests and young for a feed. You could count on the currawong to be waiting for this moment, for this is when they dine too,on the chicks of other birds. In all those years I never got an un-obscured sight of them.
Ah .. that explains why they were so interested in our chooks' chicks.

Currawongs perform awesome mating dances. Lovely sounds and graceful moves. Amorous.

Forever Wort said:
Currawongs perform awesome mating dances. Lovely sounds and graceful moves. Amorous.
Indeed they do. It was watching a pair doing that in and around a magnolia tree in full bloom that first woke me up to them. Then jyo joined in...

refinement of the beer to mouth process. Just put the collar and taps on thar tucker box. Even getting wet beer legs from the tap been opened to full when I put the connect on the keg dampened my happiness.

Previously had to lift the lid and use the party tap. The tucker box was actually my first home brew purchase. It can only fit two kegs inc. CO2 bottle. It will be victim to my first upgrade. Four kegs sounds more reasonable.

Off to put on the drip tray.

3.jpg

Dave70 said:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens..
Ah, the intro music for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great movie, great story, with a couple of beers = happiness

Mr Wibble said:
Girls in tight dresses with undies made of string,
These are a few of my favourite things.
Undies??? Really? I'll have mine "without", please.

Les the Weizguy said:
Ah, the intro music for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great movie, great story, with a couple of beers = happiness

Undies??? Really? I'll have mine "without", please.
Well, I was thinking Sound Of Music actually. Such a heartwarming movie about nazis.

*amusing anecdote*
We did the Sound of music tour whilst in Salzburg. The tour guide was camp as a row of tents (surprised?..) and continuously regaled the passengers with his rendition of adelvice. But he had a 'cooler' of Amstel cans for a 2 euros a pop, lucky, as it was unseasonably hot and I like drinking beer on tours I have no particular interest in.

Anyway, he told us a story about Christopher Plumber who in one scene had to carry one of the von Trapp children who by that stage in production had apparently become a little rotund.
Plumber declared to cast and crew that he wasn't going to carry that 'fat ******* child anywhere'.
Dunno if it's true. Guess you had to be there. And slightly drunk.

Never got the string undies thing. To much like flossing your arsehole.

After a week at work ... My favourite thing is Friday 6 pm, a big bowl of homemade spag bowl and an IPA or three. Phew!

Happiness is pouring the first beer of a batch after having lovingly brewed and nurtured it.

I've also discovered a whole heap of brewing related YouTube channels lately which keep me pretty happy during the week - always pick up a tip or two.

Happiness it's thinking a keg is on the verge of blowing, and you just keep squeezing one more glass out.

True Happiness is a never ending keg

Happiness is checking in at the airport to fly home after two weeks at work. **** yes.

Happiness for me was scrawling 'I resign' on a scrap of paper today, after a verbal stoush with a forekwit foreman, and dumping it on my manager's desk.

Happiness for me is also the sixer of mixed beers I bestowed upon myself on the way home and the "DADDY!" I got when I walked in the door.

Happiness is the blinkers I shall wear tonight, oblivious to the "WTF did I just Do?" and "What's the worst thing SWMBO's called You?" threads I will surely start tomorrow.

Camo6 said:
Happiness for me was scrawling 'I resign' on a scrap of paper today, after a verbal stoush with a forekwit foreman, and dumping it on my manager's desk.

Happiness for me is also the sixer of mixed beers I bestowed upon myself on the way home and the "DADDY!" I got when I walked in the door.

Happiness is the blinkers I shall wear tonight, oblivious to the "WTF did I just Do?" and "What's the worst thing SWMBO's called You?" threads I will surely start tomorrow.
At least the brew rig is finished. :D

mofox1 said:
At least the brew rig is finished. :D
Couldn't have planned it better! Unfortunately it may make my tax return harder to splurge with. :(

Back