Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moad said:
Bribie sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't think mince is great for birds. We get lets of Kookaburras and the mrs was feeding them mince, they shat everywhere and kept coming back all the time. I liked having them around but I didn't like the shit everywhere so I looked up what to feed them so they didn't shit everywhere. I seem to remember reading mince = bad. Gets stuck in their beaks, can go rotten and kill them or something...
Managed to get up close to a kookaburra a while back, and for a laugh decided to wiggle my finger at it pretending it was sausage or something (kids had previously been feeding it biscuits). So it bit. And didn't let go. I was shaking my finger around while it was flapping around in the air and wouldn't let go.

It wasn't until I went to grab the bugger with my other hand that it decided I'd learned my lesson and flew off.

So, don't feed them fingers either.

They'll eat out of your hand, just hold it flat.

Happiness is enjoying a beer on the back deck without bird shit everywhere...

• getting my ******* house sold so im not paying thousands a month, or at least find a decent tenant for 1!
  • getting my equipment unpacked out and making a brew.
  • ******* the world off for a few day!

geez, im a happy fucker aint i!

Congrats PI, I shall wet the young 'uns head for you shortly, my pleasure.

Totally awesome Prince, congrats to the three of you, and a big welcome to the world for the little one. Your first?

Thanks Yum, I shall so the same later on.

Thanks Mardoo, this is number 2, we have an almost-three-year-old who is currently contemplating life as a big brother!

Prince Imperial said:
Thanks Mardoo, this is number 2, we have an almost-three-year-old who is currently contemplating life as a big brother!
So when do his martial arts and shooting lessons start ;)

Congratulations Prince Imperial.

Pass on the good wishes from all your drunken AHB friend to the Imperial Princess. I shall also drink a toast to the new Princess-ette.

Cheers

mofox1 said:
Managed to get up close to a kookaburra a while back, and for a laugh decided to wiggle my finger at it pretending it was sausage or something (kids had previously been feeding it biscuits). So it bit. And didn't let go. I was shaking my finger around while it was flapping around in the air and wouldn't let go.

It wasn't until I went to grab the bugger with my other hand that it decided I'd learned my lesson and flew off.

So, don't feed them fingers either.
Don't hand feed corn chips to brush-tail possums either. The buggers bite when you run out.

431neb said:
Don't hand feed corn chips to brush-tail possums either. The buggers bite when you run out.

What about habanero-coated corn chips? Yes, I hate the little brush-tailed f%$ kers...

Mardoo said:
So when do his martial arts and shooting lessons start ;)
The martial arts seem instinctual to him. His spinning slap kick to the kidneys is particularly refined. I'm scared to give him access to firearms.

GrumpyPaul said:
Congratulations Prince Imperial.

Pass on the good wishes from all your drunken AHB friend to the Imperial Princess. I shall also drink a toast to the new Princess-ette.

Cheers
Cheers Grumpy, just wet her head myself!

Introducing my 3-year old daughter to the pleasures and pains of water balloons, homebrew in hand. Today couldn't be bought at any price.

After having the week from hell,calling on my son his better half and their daughter ,my only grandchild who is having a shit day as well,
Throwing her on my shoulders and taking her for a walk around the neighbourhood to give her parents time to eat their dinner.
And returning her to her parents pissing her self laughing and seeing her mum and dad smiling,ahh life is good.
Children with their innocence and imagination are such a leveller.

"Continuing happiness" - I had to bottle 30 longnecks the next day and realised I was 6 empties short, well someone has to drink them!

Continuing happiness is my two boys, whom are the cheekiest buggers even at this young age. Recently my ex wife took them to the museum and Big Kid (8) sent me a picture of them in front of spiders knowing full well I hate spiders!!! When I responded via message in a freaked out tone and that I was deleting the pictures (yes, I know, I'm a big girls blouse), then sent me a video of himself laughing. I spoke to the ex later and it was all his idea.

Damn I love them for their sense of humour!!!

Well played Big Kid, well played!

Back