Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha, I got a blast from the past present this morning. When the kids were young and their mum and I were first separated, the kids (with no means or money anyway to get me a present) gave me what they could...... Since theyve grown past primary school (where every kid is given a packet of bullets and a pair of black socks for dad - after dad's 'compulsory $10 donation') I've always said, no, dont get me anything. I dont care for presents. Save your money.

So, the blast from the past ? Well today I got a banana, inside a toilet roll cardboard and a dusty malteser sticky taped to it.
They love me so.

Last week a block our block of land settled, so below you are looking at the home of Wiggers's future brewery:

PA178932.JPG

Exactly one hectare (2.5 acres). Unfortunately due to our borrowing capacity and sheer magnitude of my wife's dream house, we have had to put forward a decent deposit and the shed can't be built straight up. Personally I think she has her priorities arse-up, but problems could be far greater than this.

The shed will be 11 x 8 with a dedicated brew area. 3 phase running out the front so I'll have all the power I need at my fingertips. Fruit trees and garden out the front, big deck out the back and keezer, bar and pizza oven on the porch. Definitely will be planning a big brew and case swap day once things are all finalised so get your tents and swags at the ready and make sure you pack your clubs (Corowa 27 hole golf course is a few km up the road). Bloody keen.

Now the fun starts its been a 6 year journey for me worth it in the end buy yourself a good shovel. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445508406.752437.jpgjust about finished the pizza oven pic included was a bunnings kit one come up great first attempt at render also.

TheWiggman said:
Last week a block our block of land settled, so below you are looking at the home of Wiggers's future brewery:

attachicon.gif
PA178932.JPG

Exactly one hectare (2.5 acres). Unfortunately due to our borrowing capacity and sheer magnitude of my wife's dream house, we have had to put forward a decent deposit and the shed can't be built straight up. Personally I think she has her priorities arse-up, but problems could be far greater than this.

The shed will be 11 x 8 with a dedicated brew area. 3 phase running out the front so I'll have all the power I need at my fingertips. Fruit trees and garden out the front, big deck out the back and keezer, bar and pizza oven on the porch. Definitely will be planning a big brew and case swap day once things are all finalised so get your tents and swags at the ready and make sure you pack your clubs (Corowa 27 hole golf course is a few km up the road). Bloody keen.
Your going to need a ride on

TheWiggman said:

attachicon.gif
PA178932.JPG

Amazing, can't wait to see the work in progress!

TheWiggman said:

attachicon.gif
PA178932.JPG

Half your luck and go for it.

But I have to say......I effing hate golf :)

Today is my last day at work for 8.5 weeks. SHMBO goes back to work Monday and I get to be a stay at home dad for our 6month old, 5 and 9 year old.

Pretty stoked about that, it's going to be fun :)

spog said:
Half your luck and go for it.

But I have to say......I effing hate golf :)
Cheers, though I would argue it's not all luck ;). Years of hard work, 4 years of poverty and holiday jobs during uni, working in 'remote' locations and being a tight-arse have allowed myself and my wife to afford something like this. It's part of the reason we chose to live back home because for the same price for this block and house you could probably get a 2 room apartment on the outskirts of Melbourne. Hell, you'd be lucky to get a single room apartment in Sydney for this price. Give me an open fire, space, kookaburras in the background, the shade of gums and 10 min ride to the Murray over a beach or overpriced restaurant any day.
And you're not wrong Stu. A 4 legged mower or 10 might be on the cards.

buckerooni said:
I'm gonna make it a tiny bit more general: someone to love*, something to do, something to hope for.

* could be an animal, but easy on the errr...heavy breathing love...
I have the HUB/Murray's brew collaboration tomorrow. Should be nice. Brewing a special beer (that I'm not sure I can reveal) for release at Bitter and Twisted festival. I may have been involved in the style selection.
Something to hope for: - Gee I am full of hope and not much else, so I must be feeling awesome.
As for the other one, prob not, but hey - 2 out three's still mighty good. Hang on, kids count for that too. My children: I couldn't ask for better ones.

Woohoo - 100% score..., and some beers from a fellow brewer, for sampling and feedback. FREE BEER!

Les the Weizguy said:
I have the HUB/Murray's brew collaboration tomorrow. Should be nice. Brewing a special beer (that I'm not sure I can reveal) for release at Bitter and Twisted festival. I may have been involved in the style selection.
Something to hope for: - Gee I am full of hope and not much else, so I must be feeling awesome.
As for the other one, prob not, but hey - 2 out three's still mighty good. Hang on, kids count for that too. My children: I couldn't ask for better ones.

Woohoo - 100% score..., and some beers from a fellow brewer, for sampling and feedback. FREE BEER!
That sounds awesome, maybe I need to join a brew club.
The only feedback I get is from friends and family and my misses gets sick of me talking about beer all the time.

...knowing that all 872 bottles are full and aging peacefully. apart from the one i emptied tonight. and getting the grocery money to the missus on time.

Kingy said:
That sounds awesome, maybe I need to join a brew club.
The only feedback I get is from friends and family and my misses gets sick of me talking about beer all the time.
If you bring some cold beer along to a club meeting, the group is happy to evaluate it and you will receive feedback on the night.

There are a few alternatives, like contacting someone on this forum for a personal opinion, especially if you like their recipes for a style you brewed.

Chances are that you'll be sharing your happiness with them, too.
Used to be simpler when Mark had his shop...Turn up with a bottle of your best and share. Get feedback AND recipe tips.(Though I recall that Mark was tired of people bringing in their mistakes and asking what they did wrong. Ha, maybe that's one reason he liked me, I usually brought him my successes! What a nice bloke I am...most days.)

osprey brewday said:
and make her taste all your samples thats what i do
I think I have educated my ex's palate over the last few years. Shame that she'll probably go back to sticky wine or vodka cruisers again. Maybe sweet ciders, but there's a glimmer of hope for beer.

tavas said:
Just saw Doug Anthony Allstars in concert.
Really? Have they pulled a John Farnham I went to their final ever shows years ago and have the signed merch to prove it. Love to see em again.

Back