Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blew a keg last night so was able to keg my pilsner today, otherwise I would have been out of available kegs.

Maybe this should really have been posted in the 'first world problems which were recently solved through first world solutions' thread..?

manticle said:
Just ate bacon and eggs,
Eggs and Bacon. Only picked up on it this week after 4 years down here. Everyone says it Eggs and Bacon.

But, it is freakin' paradise down here. Got 3 Saddleback x growers fattening, 4 boer goat does keeping the scrub down while they wait for a buck next season. Rabbit and venison in the freezer. Got a 5 acre block with awesome river views that's fifteen minutes and 4 sets of traffic lights out of town that cost about a half of a shitty 400sq metre suburban "block' back in brisbane that I might move into if I ever pull my finger out and get something built, but cheap rent on a spectacular piece of land on the other side side of the Tamar keeps me procrastinating. Plenty of work, but not so much that it keeps me from going fishing pretty regularly. Planning a tuna fishing charter with mates at the pub last night. And emptying a few Moo Brew single hop cans while I get set up to brew tomorrow to get beer on tap again.

Continuing happiness for me is living down here.

I haven't been here long but so far I reckon it's paradise.
Just found a working set of speakers under the house.

And it's bacon first because bacon is the most important. Priority 1 = salt pork.

My daughter, making Joe Cocker hands after a splash in the chilly Bruny isle sea.

DSC_6398_zpsc8rv8a0d.jpg

Brought a mini portable charcoal cooker from the green warehouse for 25bux today. Cooked up a bake dinner in the shed with a few beverages. Dunno if it was the charcoals or the vents weren't big enough but the lid needed lifting every 20mins to get the oxygen in to fire up the coals again. Might need to drill a few holes in it. (after I try a different brand of charcoal first)
Apart from that, Best 25bux I've spent in a long time. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1453021694.929110.jpg
Gunna be good for campin. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1453021727.280629.jpg the dinner was delicious. Fed me the misses and 2 kids. [emoji106]

Took the little man (6yo) to see some fancy cars at Town Park today...we were a bit late and half the cars had already left.

Young bloke didn't give a rats, he was happy as a dog with two dicks.

med_gallery_30557_1283_322765.jpg
med_gallery_30557_1283_71281.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
Desoto's really did make for some awesome sleds

attachicon.gif
desoto.jpg
I see cold eyes and big teeth on that car...it eats unwary pedestrians,light poles and smaller cars no doubt.

continuing happiness is watching the missus load weight cos she never drank beer, but she loves your homebrew and encourages you to make more. hang on. wtf am i talking about??

A good day from the Postie.
My Birthday BYO subscription arrived along with the last 3 books in the Brewing series.image.jpg.
I think I will put the water book away for a rainy day,a bloody long rainy day as its way over my head.

Had our engagement party last night, took a 50 ltrs keg of a simple lager and one of my house pale ale.

Such a great night with family and friends, beer was well received which made me extra happy.

Good times!

That is a very orderly freezer compartment you have there Mofox1, good to see.

After 6 years of renting we are getting ready to move into our own place again, 4 weeks until settlement.
The kids get a room each and there's a single car garage that should serve quite well as a brewery/my one room in the house where hopefully I'll be able to set up my Amps/guitars again so I can relax with a Porter or two and take the chill off a cold winters night with the warm mellow vibes from my Stratocaster.
Might even start a brewery build blog once it all goes through and we're settled in.
Cheers.

Back