Colonial Brewing South West Sour clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyhey

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could lead me in the direction of a recipe for the CBCo South West Sour.

Email them and ask them. I emailed them asking about what goes into their IPA and where I could get the sour. Their head brewer emailed me back and was quite forthcoming with the malt bill and what hops go into in. I also heard back from the sales manager as to where I could get the sour. If you do I would be quite interested what the response is.

I am quite a fan of the sour and my local Dan Murphy now stocks it which is great as previously I had to make a 15 minute detour on the way home from work to get it.

I am a fan of the conical beers and it's a bonus their 6 packs are priced similar to others' 4 packs. And the full aperture cans are awesome.

Heyhey did you have any luck mate? I've just begun drinking them and I am hooked. Would love to give it a go.

Email them and ask them. I emailed them asking about what goes into their IPA and where I could get the sour. Their head brewer emailed me back and was quite forthcoming with the malt bill and what hops go into in. I also heard back from the sales manager as to where I could get the sour. If you do I would be quite interested what the response is.

I am quite a fan of the sour and my local Dan Murphy now stocks it which is great as previously I had to make a 15 minute detour on the way home from work to get it.

I am a fan of the conical beers and it's a bonus their 6 packs are priced similar to others' 4 packs. And the full aperture cans are awesome.

Hey there, late to this thread. Do you have the recipe to brew the CBC Co Sour Beer? Interested in giving this a go. PM me if you have it.

Cheers.

Hey there, late to this thread. Do you have the recipe to brew the CBC Co Sour Beer? Interested in giving this a go. PM me if you have it.

Cheers.
I didn't ask about the sour recipe, just where to get it. As is suggested to heyhey maybe email them and ask them?

I asked about for some pointers on the IPA and got a more detailed response than i expected. I like knowing what is in the beer that i drink but I think you have to be respectful in the way you ask as it is their intellectual property and livelihood.

I didn't ask about the sour recipe, just where to get it. As is suggested to heyhey maybe email them and ask them?

I asked about for some pointers on the IPA and got a more detailed response than i expected. I like knowing what is in the beer that i drink but I think you have to be respectful in the way you ask as it is their intellectual property and livelihood.
Thank MH, will followup. :cool:

If you can't get a recipe from the brewers then I suggest you start with a base berlinner weisse recipe (usually 60% pils / 40% wheat but the website says the beer has munich in it, so maybe 50% pils, 40% wheat and 10% munich), go through the kettle souring process (but don't let it get too sour), boil and add Citra, Mosaic and Kohatu hops to the WP / end of the boil. Ferment with clean american ale yeast like US05.

Ref:
https://craftypint.com/beer/4899/colonial-brewing-co-south-west-sourhttps://www.colonialbrewingco.com.au/the-range/

Latest posts

Back