Philly controlling sourness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bt1

Reaction score
Had a good read on the deep dive paper and Best practices for Philly to "control" sourness level on next fruit sour. Previous brews are outside my preferred taste range. Just wondering has anyone have more experience for amount of malt/dex/SG to start with to reduce sourness somewhat along with temps etc.

cheers

Had a good read on the deep dive paper and Best practices for Philly to "control" sourness level on next fruit sour. Previous brews are outside my preferred taste range. Just wondering has anyone have more experience for amount of malt/dex/SG to start with to reduce sourness somewhat along with temps etc.

cheers
Try blending two different fermented brews. I blend a couple of litres of beer fermented with 'Wild Brew' yeast when making a Foreign Extra Stout just to give it that degree of sourness which enhances the stout. Mind you the couple of litres has to be heated up to kill off the Wild Brew yeast before adding it to the rest of the brew.

Why not start with Best Practices from the deep dive paper? Seems strange to put in all the work reading something only to ignore it and go in a different direction.

Latest posts

Back