Coffs Region Amateur Brewers Inaugural Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought I'd put up a thread to let anyone in the Coffs region know that we've finally gotten the ball rolling with our little club :)
The first meeting will be on Saturday the 3rd of August at The Country Brewer Toormina, from 1pm
We will have the beer (por & galaxy hopped aussie ale) that was made a couple of weeks ago at The Country Brewer Toormina's AG demo on tap, hopefully it won't be too butchered from me mashing in a little too hot...
Hoping to meet plenty of local brewers and organise future meetings and how people would like the club to run
Matt and Lorie from TCB have been very kind as to volunteer their shop as a meeting place, and have been incredibly helpful with getting the word out for the club and I can't thank them enough :)

Any questions/suggestions/bribes, feel free to PM me or email me at coffsbrewers at gmail dot com

Cheers!
Daniel

If anyone coming along is thinking about getting into liquid yeasts, i have 20 spare 20ml glass vials + lids (In addition to the ones i am bringing for you sp0rk) and 4 x 250ml schott erlenmeyer flasks, perfect for splitting and stepping up wyeast smack packs. Let me know if you want them and i will bring them along.

Also, anyone interested in splitting a sack of JW Wheat malt? TCB said $68 for a sack(if i remember correctly), so $34 each.

Arghonaut said:
If anyone coming along is thinking about getting into liquid yeasts, i have 20 spare 20ml glass vials + lids (In addition to the ones i am bringing for you sp0rk) and 4 x 250ml schott erlenmeyer flasks, perfect for splitting and stepping up wyeast smack packs. Let me know if you want them and i will bring them along.

Also, anyone interested in splitting a sack of JW Wheat malt? TCB said $68 for a sack(if i remember correctly), so $34 each.
I am interested in splitting a bag of wheat malt with you argho! PM sent.

Was nice meeting everyone at the first Coffs meeting. For those that didn't make the first one, there was plenty of food & beer.....

Good to see you lads had a good day.

Now onto serious business :) , whats your situation on beer gas, do you rent like I currently do from your local ripoff BOC merchant, or own bottles and refill? If so, where do you refill, there is a guy in Yamba who does refills, but I never go there, Im in coffs regulary for family visits if there's anyone down there.

Cheers,
Shaun.

Any idea on the price off hand, if not i'll make a call. Just wanting to figure out the cost difference.

Latest posts

Back