Coffs Region Amateur Brewers unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hives you can build yourself or buy for about $200. Then you need the bees, safety gear etc. And an extractor, which can be expensive. Best bet is to find someone who will put a hive on your property and manage it and give you a share of the honey.

mpforum said:
Hi all.

New to the site and thought I should post here first as I'm also in Coffs.

Prefered shop is the Coffs Home Brewing Centre. Love my beer, but have a preference for getting my spirits brewing.

Drive B-Doubles for a living, but also have a degree in Psychology, another degree on the way (Business Administration) and do websites on the side.

Anyway, wouldn't mind meeting up for some beers or spirits with some of the local fellas.

Dean.
We may be able to trade services at some stage Dean. I supply the best steam collecting gear on the market and am always in need of internet help. Do you do graphic design as in posters and leaflets too?

Was gunna mention the place at south grafton near the pub.

I think you need still need a licence to keep bees. It got nothing to do with gov wanting money but a lot to do with disease outbreak.

Went into Country Brewer and met Matt on Friday, got a coupla Wyeast coming in for upcoming brews.

So whens the next brew day there sp0rk???

Had my first go at AG today, didn't turn out as one would expect, but we'll find out in a coupla weeks I suppose.

Stu was coming to keep a close eye on me but I called today off due to family issues, then late last night there was a glimmer of hope, and this morning the brew day went on, no Stu to abuse me for doing the wrong shit though :p

My Write Up.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76761-summer-ale-first-ag-3v-system/page-1#entry1106674

Sounds nice, tomorrow here is, finish ripping half the house to pieces cause reno-ing a 100+ year old farm house is real easy, just ask the wife -_-

I like the ol, why wont this line up, and how come nothing is square or even?

Well, remember the part where we live in a 100+yr old farm shack, that's why :lol:

shaunous said:
Went into Country Brewer and met Matt on Friday, got a coupla Wyeast coming in for upcoming brews.

So whens the next brew day there sp0rk???

Had my first go at AG today, didn't turn out as one would expect, but we'll find out in a coupla weeks I suppose.

Stu was coming to keep a close eye on me but I called today off due to family issues, then late last night there was a glimmer of hope, and this morning the brew day went on, no Stu to abuse me for doing the wrong shit though :p

My Write Up.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76761-summer-ale-first-ag-3v-system/page-1#entry1106674
I was looking at doing a meeting during December, but I'm busy every weekend until early January
I guess if we start planning now, We can get a meeting planned for mid january

Yeh right-o,
I guess the easiest thing to do is everyone throw up the dates in January they are free now, and then we can pick the winner.

So i've asked the boss of the house.

I'm busy on the weekend of the 18-19th, other than that my January is free.

This sunday im probably going to try my hand at another AG brew, local lads are more than welcome to come and watch me in what I would like to call 'Organised Chaos'.

Hey guys,

I'm in Narrabri, which shaunous pointed out is close to Coffs in the Australian sense of 'close' (which I think means 'less than two parsecs away'). I'd be keen to join a party in January. My in-laws are visiting then, which frees me from Mr Mom duties. Any more thoughts on dates?

A random question, utterly off-topic. Does the Little Brewery distribute in your area? I had one of their pseudo-Belgians in Sydney recently and it was f-ing beautiful. Nothing that good out here.

Im not sure, never had anything of theirs.

Not sure if you still can now, but the guy from the pub at Bellingen sells his own beer, is on tap in very few places, but was on tap in his pub and at The Nymboida Coaching Station, maybe it still is. Its a good drop. Was a harvest ale i tried.

schrodinger said:
Hey guys,

I'm in Narrabri, which shaunous pointed out is close to Coffs in the Australian sense of 'close' (which I think means 'less than two parsecs away'). I'd be keen to join a party in January. My in-laws are visiting then, which frees me from Mr Mom duties. Any more thoughts on dates?

A random question, utterly off-topic. Does the Little Brewery distribute in your area? I had one of their pseudo-Belgians in Sydney recently and it was f-ing beautiful. Nothing that good out here.
A good few of the Little Brewing stable is available via Uncle Dan's.

Back