Coffs Region Amateur Brewers unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you brew with MO as the base, I got a heap of MO and was going to do n Irish red for my first brew, but I also have a sack and a half of pils that come with the rig. Amongst others.

I use it for almost everything!
Lately I've done a Chocolate Porter, American IPA and a Bitter with it

Yeh sweet, thats what I was kinda thinking. I've only ever done extract untill now. I'll have to find a good house beer to use all this Pils up. I think Tonys Little Creatures Clone uses it, so that might have to do if im remembering correctly.

Just went out and scrubbed the dust and bugs off the rig, will have to circulate some cleaner and sanitizer through it now though, fukin PITA.

Any you men make meads?

My honey source is no longer, will try the missus's cousin who is a beekeeper, but don't like my chances.

Where y'all get yours if you do?

One of the blokes from work just moved to Glen Innes to farm bees, Hopefully going to get enough for a couple of 20L batches from him soon

sp0rk said:
One of the blokes from work just moved to Glen Innes to farm bees, Hopefully going to get enough for a couple of 20L batches from him soon
Got a farm at Glen, I can help with cartage ;)

Good thinking Stu, I've driven past that joint a million times and forgot about them.

I haven't delved right in, but if I recall I think the guys on Basic Brewing use about 5ltrs of honey per 20ltr batch...

That's some amount of honey.

I did some work in that honey place a while back. Its a pretty serious set up.

Be interesting to see what flavours you would get from honey that comes from diffetent flowers

Used to get given a heap of honey couple years back (before I was interested in mead if coarse), tastes are sooooo different between honeys.

I've always looked at that honey shed like its a front for an ice lab, wild looking joint from the front, trucks and shit everywhere.

They do 1000ltr bulk drums. Dont think they do retail, but I am sure they would fill a 5 or 20ltr drum for cash

Yeh with a shed like that I'd say they'd be in for a lil' Friday arvo beer money.

Found a guy also today with his details at the Coutts shop who does bulk honey out Kangaroo Creek Road.

So when you coming out to help me Fuk up my first all grain on the 3v rig Stu :)

Don't be scared sp0rk, we won't nibble.

Just finished the stout keg right meow, I really gotta get brewing...

I've got three bee hives on my property, pretty lazy about harvesting from them but usually get 20kg or so when i do. One of them is due for a harvest soon, how much honey you need?

I also got a big pail sitting in my pantry a mate gave me from his farm in tassie. Its intensely floral, all crystallised now, i made a brew using 30 or so lemons , few hundred grams of ginger and 4kg of the honey, came out really nice. Still 10 - 15kg in the pail.

Went to the honey shed and they sell direct to the public for about $5-6kg. A 15ltr bucket is about $75.

I wouldn't mind throwing bee hives on my property, is there much in it, I remember doing a bit back at school for Ag, but that was many beers ago.

I dunno, you saying you used 4l, I was thinking about the same, 4-5ltrs for a 20ltr batch?

Latest posts

Back