Coffs Region Amateur Brewers unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hi All,
Thanks to austin, CRABs now has it's own subforum :beerbang:
If you haven't seen our other threads (or the flyers at The Country Brewer Toormina), we're a newly formed club based in Coffs Harbour but open to anyone on the mid-north/north coast who is interested in brewing of any form
Feel free to introduce yourself and share a little about your brewing journey

And if people haven't seen it yet, our facebook group is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coffsbrewers/

I'm in eungai creek, hence the name. Only been at it about a year or so but I'm hooked and had some tasty sessions

Hi Spork, great to see an upsurge of activity in the area, one of the reasons I've hopped back on to the forum after a couple of months vacation (as well as the fact that a lot of the previous silly nonsense seems to have subsided but enough of that :p )

I can vouch for Country Brewers at Toormina, much needed and excellent resource in the area - drinking an ale from a sack I picked up there right now. I'm right at the bottom of the "North Coast" area but with Frederickton / Kempsey now bypassed, Coffs is within striking distance nowadays :beerbang:

Thanks Bribie and welcome back, the hard work to get the ball rolling finally seems to be paying off :)
Let us know if you're ever in the area, would love to organise a beer with a couple of the local blokes

Hi all.

New to the site and thought I should post here first as I'm also in Coffs.

Prefered shop is the Coffs Home Brewing Centre. Love my beer, but have a preference for getting my spirits brewing.

Drive B-Doubles for a living, but also have a degree in Psychology, another degree on the way (Business Administration) and do websites on the side.

Anyway, wouldn't mind meeting up for some beers or spirits with some of the local fellas.

Dean.

Morning Lads,

Soooooooooo Doctor Bones told me yesty im allowed to start walking again (I was run over by 2 cars), and this means its time to fire up me AG Rig, if anyone wants to come assist/watch in a brew let me know, I've never done AG, and I bought the rig off an old member at the end of last year, so I have to teach myself its workings and clean it. Its covered in dust in my shed after moving down from QLD and spending most of my time doing up the farm shack and farming in general.

ALSO, where y'all get ya grains, I've got enough for now, but do you 2450 boys buy locally or Bulk Buy from Brissie.

Brissy , but freight is the issue and the fact the no couriers deliver out of town.

When do you want to do a brew.

Fair enough, I used Clarence Valley Couriers to bring me down a safe a coupla weeks ago, was 150kg and a pallet and a half long, cost me $112 from a Sunny Coast shop to their depot in Sth Grafton, I thought that was pretty good really.

Anyway, something to think about I suppose, or could probably use mates or brothers who drive down this way every coupla weeks, but last thing they probably wanna do is go to Craftbrewer and load grain sacks for me after mining for 2-3weeks.

Whenever really Stu, im off work until mid Jan, got a few things to do now im a bit more mobile but nuttin frantic.

I get my grain from Country Brewer in Toormina (suburb of Coffs) but Coffs Homebrewing is just about to start stocking grain and Whitelabs yeast

Good prices Sp0rk?, or im guessing you get a 'very regular' customer discount ;)

Prob with sacks is that they are a PITA. The basically charge by the pallet space. I used to pick up from depot's in town. The best way would be to order a few bags and get Craftbrewer to deliver to their brissy depot. Just a case of working put how many sacks.

But if Countrybrewer can do a similar price to Craftbrewer from their shop then its only a matter of getting it back to gods country.

True Dat!

As I said im good for now pretty well. Will start the brewing back up and see where im at.

I paid $85 for a sack of MO and I think the sacks of Joe White (or maybe it's BB) ale and pils are $60 or so

Latest posts

Back