Coffs Region Amateur Brewers unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
You guys made any headway with Saturdays off in Jan...
I'm free on the 25th/26th, whichever day is good with you blokes
Probably won't do a brew or anything, just everyone bring along a couple of brews and we'll have a bit of a yarn and I'll cook something up for lunch :)

schrodinger said:
Hey guys,

I'm in Narrabri, which shaunous pointed out is close to Coffs in the Australian sense of 'close' (which I think means 'less than two parsecs away'). I'd be keen to join a party in January. My in-laws are visiting then, which frees me from Mr Mom duties. Any more thoughts on dates?

A random question, utterly off-topic. Does the Little Brewery distribute in your area? I had one of their pseudo-Belgians in Sydney recently and it was f-ing beautiful. Nothing that good out here.

The Uralla Brewery are local here as it gets for you i suspect. It may be worth having a word to your local publican about getting a rotating tap in. They do that at the bowlo i drink at and besides having Frankizanner on tap full time (the very best beer i can get on tap here) they have a rotating tap that often features the Uralla kegs. They have their Oktoberfest on at the moment, it's pretty good.

The only other decent beer we can get on tap is the Fat Yak at my local. There's a couple pubs with James Squire, but i'd sooner drink black.

At this point I'm away 11-12th but any other weekend in Jan is fair game.

Just finished my summer brewing, fermenting fridge died halfway through, been madly swapping ice bottles keeping the temps down. Got four full kegs though, a saison, american wheat, Amarillo APA and an amber IPA.

Settle down sp0rk, that's Australia Day weekend. Which means it comes a close 2nd after St Paddys to the biggest party day in the year.

Why don't we shoot for February, January is always a busy time also.

That sounds good, I should have some DSGA, Scottish 70/ and a Saison ready by then (and maybe something else)
Ohhh, and a pile of jerky :D
Any preferences for the date?
I'm free all that month so any date is good with me.

You can shoot someone else's planes, you're not shooting mine :p
Also I still haven't gotten my gun licence yet, so I can't provide the bang sticks

I got 5 of em if your keen enough to age them. i'd have to water tight them again but.

Back