One gallon brewer in Gippsland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzanthrope

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I thought I should stop lurking and setup an account and hopefully I will be able to offer some advice as well as learning from the forum.
A little over a year ago I decided to get back into brewing after a 10 year hiatus. In the past I had only gone as far as extract brews but wanted to try my hand with all grain.
After some research into brewing rigs I settled on setting up a one gallon system. This was cheap (around $100) and easy to setup and only takes up a small corner of the garage. The obvious downside is that I make less beer but I make this up with more brew days – which gives me more variety in the fridge and lets me experiment and refine recipes. In the last 12 months I have made around 40 beers; from blonde ale to gose as well as more experimental ideas, including a hibiscus saison and a lemongrass & ginger wheat beer (which I will post shortly).
I’m currently living in South Gippsland and I’m also looking to meet anyone in the region with an interest in brewing. As much as I would like to join a club the closest (that I am aware of) is too far to make most meetings.

Cheers,
Murray

Hi Muz, there's a couple of us doing a collaborative brew soon probably around Sale or Rosedale. It will be a cobbled together off-grid brew day and you're welcome to join us if interested. We'll make sure to post it in the events and meetups section - tho it will probably only be a brew that will provide 20ltrs for 4 people, depending on what we get our hands on

cheers
Jon

Thanks guys,
I'm afraid I'm still a fair distance away (Leongatha) so I doubt I will be able to make it out to Sale but I will definitely keep an eye out for future meetups and events.

Latest posts

Back