C'mon Straya - you know you want one.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roger mellie said:
its a good work horse - it does what it says on the tin - brews wort into beer.

RM
kinda like this

b-ferm.jpg

I think its a good invention. Unfortunately I believe it prices most people out of the market unless you're a rich play boy with a lot of play money.

I don't get it.. I may be a bit daft sometimes so I googled a 6k system that basically does what I did for kits and bits but cost about the same as a second hand corolla. Was I doing something wrong mixing my cans in the fermenter with a $4 spoon? I made beer, drank it got drunk. Cost me 0.050k.

Let's take into account my fridge and 4 kegs a gas bottle reg etc. I'm still in front and can buy not as good a corolla.

The difference is thtat the $6k unit can turn kits into megaswill beer....THATS what you are paying for

Stu I still don't get it. We have a good forum here, we are frugal bastards that strive for the best beer available and some members have gone on to brewing as a career. This thing seems a step backward to me. Even costing in a 3v or brewmister system with a dozen kegs and new fridge freezer, taps font etc, it's still overpriced for the working man.

wobbly said:
Don't get caught up in the rush guys the following retailers have seen the light and stocking their products
  • Harvey Norman Auburn
  • Absolute Home Brew
  • Asquith Home Brew
  • Northern Brew
  • The Hop and Grain
  • What's Brewing
  • And outlets in Brisbane coming soon
Obviously some smart business people can see an opportunity and are not complain about the noise it's making

Cheers

Wobbly

thehopandgrain said:
Just thought we'd weigh in, as we've been thrown into the mix with Harvey Norman and other WW sellers.

Just for the record, we're not a stockist of the WW machine or affiliated with them at all, and we don't have any plans to be.
LOL!

So who is making shit up, wobbly or Williamswarn?

I'd say Wobby is kind of a retired, caravan towing old crazy person, but I wouldn't call him a liar.

Given the absolute proven farce of most of the Williamswarn claims, i'd say it's the company.

An HDPE fermenter is to a WW
as a Ducati is to a Honda 90

The Honda 90 will take you down the shops to buy your Latte

But if you had the money you would buy the Ducati.

Right Stu?

Pilchard said:
Let's take into account my fridge and 4 kegs a gas bottle reg etc. I'm still in front and can buy not as good a corolla.
After $4k all Corollas are the same.

Pilchard said:
Stu I still don't get it. We have a good forum here, we are frugal bastards that strive for the best beer available and some members have gone on to brewing as a career. This thing seems a step backward to me. Even costing in a 3v or brewmister system with a dozen kegs and new fridge freezer, taps font etc, it's still overpriced for the working man.
Its just a pressurised fermenter with a build in cooler to control the temp. The concept of pressure fermenting is interesting and different to what we have traditionaly used..

But $6k.....um...yeah...

roger mellie said:

Right Stu?
Honda 90 is a damn good bike. One that I would be proud to ride.

roger mellie said:

Right Stu?
Please answer the questions:

Are you retired?
Do you own or have you owned a Caravan?

Irrelevant questions but since you ask

No and No although in my 20's I drove all over Europe in a VW Transporter

I own a Quintrex - does that count?

RM

Ducatiboy stu said:
Honda 90 is a damn good bike. One that I would be proud to ride.
But you don't - your Motto Guzzi replica is most definitely a thing of beauty -

Much like my WW

RM

The closest I get to classic italian sadly is my E61 Rocket

Sadly SWMBO has declared motorcycles of any shape or form off limits

Came very close to choosing between her and an S1000RR not so long ago

Unlike the WW I 'think' I made the right choice.

RM

Ok. So this has turned into a slinging match... I'm watching in anticipation.

To the OP, with all the boffins on here reworking systems like 3v and brewmister, why have none of them done this one? I challenge you to answer the question. The mock up wouldn't be hard with a conical, gas bottle and old style bar fridge, would take up about the same footprint I think.

To the OP, look at the forum you are posting on, AG brewers with several thousand years combined experience between them. I can't see this type of system selling well, I assume this is a troll post meant to get people going...

Each to their own but hell you are in the wrong place to plug a REDUNDANT product.

Back