C'mon Straya - you know you want one.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
I'd like to know what exactly is in this "clarification agent"...
Colloidal silica. It was discussed in one of the area threads. Common flocculating agent.

Sorry manticle for yet more WW bashing...

I'm a homebrewer and love anything that's stainless steel - I think most of us do - we're like magpies. But surely it says something about a product when it's that pretty and still we don't want it.

To put into perspective how intense the allure of SS is, I've been eying the Blichmann BrewEasy. I've been waiting for the electric version of the TowerOfPower to go with the BoilerMaker with BoilCoil (I'm such a fanboi I know all the trademarks :p). Logic tells me the Braumeister would end up cheaper and a better product for my needs, but my brain says, "But you get more stainless pots, bling gear and techy stuff to play with if you get the BrewEasy". Yet the WW still lacks the allure. Go figure.

Why assume people don't want one? Hell, I want one. Pressurised and temp controlled stainless fermentation vessel. Would beat the pants off my HDPE fermenters and busted fridge. I can tip whatever wort I want in there, no need to even consider kits.
Will I pay for one? No.

TheWiggman said:
Why assume people don't want one? Hell, I want one. Pressurised and temp controlled stainless fermentation vessel. Would beat the pants off my HDPE fermenters and busted fridge. I can tip whatever wort I want in there, no need to even consider kits.
Will I pay for one? No.
This is about the nicest way you can say you dont want one, but respect what it does :D

If I had one in the shed, it'd raise the shed value to $6000

When I opened this thread, there was a groan and a oh not again.

Totes.. It's called hype and bullshit.

While sodium percabonate can be used no rinse, we all understand its not the best. Sodium percabonate breaks down to soda ash and hydrogen peroxide (from memory) it's the hydrogen peroxide that gives sanitation qualities

Luckily, Starsan neutralises it..

I raised that here before somewhere and was reassured that it isnt an issue.. Im not comfortable with it either ;)

Got to give Roger credit.....

Its still an expensive K&K fermenter...

Roger Roger Roger

At least put some bait on the hook!!!!!

Cheers

Wobbly

C'mon Straya - you know you want one.

Au contraire, Roger Mellie. I think that you (and WW) want us.

Personally, I reject your reality, deny your assertion, and substitute actual reality.

i just watched that video... I would re build my 3v set up 10 times before considering one of those.

SimoB said:
i just watched that video... I would re build my 3v set up 10 times before considering one of those.
I think that's the point a lot of us aren't getting, this isn't a wort production machine
It's a fermenter/serving device
Still wouldn't buy one though...

But does it produce spectacular beer compared to a cub in a fridge...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Throw in a BM for an extra $3k....
What size BM? Now I'm interested

Ducatiboy stu said:
But does it produce spectacular beer compared to a cub in a fridge...
Tap King is Tooheys and has Lionel Richie in the fridge, and THAT will take some beating (edit: bad spelling)

Back